Loading Patches Into iOS MG

I want to use iOS MG as a stand alone. I play live, don’t record on a DAW, and I use an iPad and a Blueboard. I’ve found most of the sounds I want in the preloaded patches. There are a few Soundfont files I’d like to add. How do I add my own patches to iOS MG? If Soundfonts don’t work with MG, what does?

you’d have to run a ios soundfont player beside our app. You can send our midi over via the midi output midi machine.

I’ve tried two different Soundfont players. In neither case did the player show up an an output option in the midi output menu. Virtual midi didn’t work either. Is there a Soundfont player that you know to work with MG? Am I missing something?

If you tell us which soundfont players you tried, we can look it up for you.

Continuing the discussion from Loading Patches Into iOS MG:

Thank you for being so helpful with this.

I have tried two Soundfont p
layer:

1 Soundfonts by B-Ray Software

2 iSoundBank by Supertintin

If there is a better choice, I’d be happy to switch.

Any thoughts on this from anyone? Also, I hope we’ll see the user’s manual drop soon.

iSoundbank works fine. ( I can not recommend this specific app though, because it is just not a real usable app imho: the controls do not work properly, reverb doesnt work etc etc)

1. enable midi output in MG by selecting “MIDI OUTPUT” as a midi fx. The default output port is “virtual midi”.
  2. start iSoundbank, it should immediately react to the midi.

In general, any iOS player that supports midi input will work with MIDI Guitar.
Whether an app has this midi input is allways mentioned in the feature description in the shop.

This may work for you as a soundfont player:
bs-16i is a 16 multi-timbral playback sampler. It supports SoundFont and DLS (Downloadable Sounds, and can be used for keyboard instrument, MIDI sound module, and MIDI player.