MG2 iOS / Syntronik AUv3 issue

Yeah, stand-alone is fine.

Every other AUv3 is opening fine.

I tested the hosts too. All hosts load it fine.

Iā€™m running our beta here, which should not be different for mere AUv3 loading. Iā€™ll switch back to the official version to double check that.

it keeps on working here.
the fact that all other AUv3 work, could mean that there might be some quirky setting that only crashes our appā€¦
-when I load Syntronik, ā€œA Deep Sweeperā€ is the default sound. Is this the default sound there too?
-Did you make any midi assignment/settings in Syntronik while in standalone or in other hosts?

Plugin setting:
window aspect 2:1 big/overlay
looks much more manageable, and it just might be a graphics bug there, so please try and change the plugin size if you didnt allready

ok, now I have updated to IPadOS 13.5
and now Syntronik also crashes MG here.
So it is safe to assume that since 13.4 Syntronik crashes in MG.
I can not promise a solution, but at least this is something to work with here.

Cool. Ok, yeah I tried everything and I couldnā€™t figure out a fix. Iā€™ll leave it in your capable hands for now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Coming back to thisā€¦as itā€™s getting onto 6 months nowā€¦

The Syntronik AUv3 successfully loads in MG2 when using my old iPhone 6 (iOS 12.4.8 ā€“ final 12.x.x version). But it doesnā€™t work on any other devices running iOS 13.7ā€¦

Any thoughts pertaining to a fix there?

We looked at it briefly but without luck to get any meaningful information from iOS or Syntronik. Its always difficult with 3rd party plugins because we cant see whats going on inside them.

I will look more into it after finishing some tasks here, in about a week.

1 Like

After updating to iOS 14 it works! (at least on iPhone 11).
Not sure if iOS14 breaks any other things, but so far its been good.

Well, thatā€™s good to knowā€¦but I donā€™t have a test device to find out what else I might risk breakingā€¦soā€¦ :frowning:

So, I bit the bullet and upgraded my iPhone 7+ to iOS 14. I can report the issue is no longer present on that device. Iā€™m hesitant to ā€˜upgradeā€™ my main music iPad to iOS 14 though as the reports Iā€™m seeing on the Audiobus forum suggest there are still many bugs that need to be dealt with.

1 Like