? MIDI BASS demo & tutorials

I’m reopening the subject because I’ve finally found the system that suits me best for managing certain effects modulations at once with a pedalboard plus one hand.

For my birthday, my children gave me a 3" smartphone and a 3" TP-Link wifi router to use with my 29.5" guitar.
Small equipment easy to use and light to carry.

This will allow me to tap less on my pedalboard and use more fingers on this phone fixed to my guitar.
It is my new supplementary touch controller driving my plugin host Gig Performer in Open Sound Control mode.
I chose Frederik Bertling’s OSCAR OSC controller for its simplicity and ease of use.
Incidentally it also comes with layouts to drive Reaper and RME Totalmix.

All this works perfectly, and all I have to do now is practice playing while manipulating the pads and faders. It’s already starting to give promising results.

I used this tutorial to implement this configuration:
Use your cell phone to control your guitar or keyboard effects

1 Like

Far from perfect as you can see in the following quick improvisations but this gives an idea of the possibilities.

In the first video: testing the rotary effect on a midi instrument.
In the second video: testing the guitar/instrument balance and the attack and growl of a midi instrument.

3 Likes

That sax tune is the coolest cat in town :smiley: Thank you for posting it!

Btw, when we get MG3/MPE to you on windows, you can play for example a fifth interval, and then bend only the lower note for a growl like effect.

1 Like

Thank you, I have taken note of this, otherwise I’ll have forgotten all about it by the time MG3 comes out :wink:

1 Like