Multiple-channel MIDI out from MG2 when used as a plugin?

I’m hoping to use MIDI Guitar 2 as a plugin to output MIDI tracks from multiple instruments to use for external processing. Is this possible?
So far, I’m finding the MIDI OUT function is disabled when using the plugin on an Ableton audio track, so my only option seems to be to get the synthesized audio output from the plugin, not the MIDI. This isn’t what I want.
Running MIDI Guitar 2 a standalone app, I can get MIDI out, but I can only run one instance of the app against one monophonic guitar input. This appears to be less accurate than running individual strings from a hexaphonic setup into separate instances of the plugin.
Is it possible to do what I’m asking? is there a way to run 6 instances of the app as a plugin and route just the MIDI out?
thanks in advance.

Hi @dvdan
Welcome to the forum. And to your question:
Q:
is there a way to run 6 instances of the app as a plugin and route just the MIDI out?

Yes, there is. I use such a setup for my hex-PU via GP-10’s 6 audio inputs to the effect you are talking about (i think), in this video:

But you can also use your standard magnetic pickup signal in a just split the MIDI output in either of two way in Ableton:

First way (this could be a Mac thing perhaps?) Every new MG2 AU get its own identity out #1-5 here, routable to any instrument in:

The other way is to set up your different instances to send on different MIDI channels and have your Instruments (tracks) only recieve on those.

You find the channel select in MIDI FX.