Price increased by 50%

When I last looked the prize was $99, now it’s $149,95.
C’mon, really?

1 Like

I understand we all kind of get sticker shock when we see things cost. When you look at the cost of the alternatives, they are far more expensive. Software development can be very labor intensive and you have pay people something. I suggest using the trial version first to figure out if it is for you. For some people that isn’t too much for what you get; others, that is a whole bunch.

4 Likes

We announced that MG3 is coming and announced that the price of MG3 is $149,95.

At the same time we announced that all MG2 license holders have a lifetime license for future updates.

11 Likes

I have to admit I have mixed feelings on this.
On one hand, I think it’s way cool of you to offer a lifetime license on upgrades.
On the other hand, you guys put a ton of time and work into this and completely deserve to be paid for your efforts.
I for one wouldn’t object to a reasonable upgrade fee and wouldn’t consider it a ‘sell out’ to capitalism if you did.
You’ve earned it.

6 Likes

Totally agree!!! It’s just fair they get paid for their great work!

4 Likes

especially if i get that low C for my tuning :wink: !

1 Like

Ce n’est pas cher en rapport des possibilités offertes .

1 Like

Additionally, compare MG2 (or soon to be released MG3) to any other MIDI, or Guitar Synth and the price (even at $149) is an absolute bargain! I also completely agree with muldoon1959, the work required to provided every single MG (from 1, to 2.2.1, and soon 3.0) is not some simple cut-n-paste effort. So, I would gladly pay an upgrade price for this “Best In Class” product.

4 Likes

Same here :wink:

“Body is too short (minimum is 20 characters)” :laughing:

1 Like

I love the software. I love the lifetime license. I look forward to the new version. I would buy it all over again.
stmp

4 Likes

I for one would pay for upgrade to support your work.

2 Likes

I appreciate your commitment to your early customers. Most developers forget the early customers ALLOWED them to further develop the VST.

Looking forward to MG3.

2 Likes

Im from India. How do I pay for it and get it? I’m waiting for MG3!

excuse me, are you aware of any student or educational discounts?

Did you ever get an answer on this as i would be very interested myself? Sent a message to support but not heard anything as of yet

The developer is alone, working hard on the future version of MG, and also has to deal with emails and other administrative constraints.
He usually takes care of the mails once a week but cannot always answer all the general questions.

If your question is about student or educational discounts, I don’t think he can handle these types of packages, which may be more appropriately used by development and sales companies with a sufficiently large infrastructure in terms of staff and skills.