Recommendation for Strings and Pads VST Plugins with MG2

MG will recognize the files if you put them in the correct folder and once you are done use the MG rescan function to have them show up in the instrument dialog box.

There is NO separate player.

Here’s the link:

If you still looking for some new pads, strings and stuff, here’s the brand new soundset for Presonus Mai Tai synth. 150 presets for ambient music, film scoring, electronic or experimental music. Maybe you will find smething for yourself :slight_smile:

Since this thread has been brought back to life, I’ll mention a new, FREE instrument plugin and standalone that is fantastic. It’s the Numa Player from StudioLogic. It includes Acoustic Keys, Electric Keys, other Keys and Strings & Pads instruments. They can be layered! It is available for Windows, Mac and iPad. No description by me could do it justice, so check out these two YT videos. They’re both using the iOS version. Simply amazing. It also works great on my Windows machine. Still can’t believe it’s free. 200 MB total download for Windows, so it’s using modelling, not samples.

Numa Player by StudioLogic - FREE

1 Like

looks nice!
…but a download size does not indicate whether or not samples are used: modelling is way more complicated than using samples, so mostly samples are used.
The datasize used for sampled instruments depends on 1) amount of velocity layers 2) amount of different samples for different frequencies 3) length of the looped part of the sample. 4) bitdepth of samples 5) data compression
Simple sampled instruments use short samples with a loop, no velocity layers and may use just a few mB’s…

Absolutely. I use a free cello plugin that is based on a sample, which doesn’t even have dynamics tracking, but I love the sound and it’s only 2 MB! Cellofan

However I double it with another cello which is also sampled but is 45 GB decompressed. :rofl:
Stradivari Cello

I get your point, but with all of the instruments included, and with the really good velocity responsiveness when played, I find it hard to believe that it’s a sampled VI.