Update: 3.0.39 is out!

Okā€¦ I was using the ā€˜Aalto synth Instrument by Madrona Labsā€™ ā€¦ and yes i was going through the patch list within the synth ā€¦ but it wasnā€™t happening during the patch list selection ā€¦ just while i was playing on one of the many patches. (No problem with the audio processing). Iā€™ll try a few other instruments to see if the problem occurs again and report back to you!

1 Like

Hiā€¦ well the crash issue didnā€™t happen again with the Standalone when i went through the patch selection with ā€˜Axxes by G-Forceā€™ and also no problems while selecting patches with the ā€˜Arp 26000 by Arturiaā€™ ā€¦ so yeah i guess some synths will probably work better than others ā€¦ Bless!

Iā€™m having issues with a ā€œBuffer Sizeā€ requirement and 44.1 requirement in both Nuendo 12 & Cubase Pro 12

MG is likely reporting correctly in this case. It gets large buffers from Cubase, because Cubase ignore your setting, until it actually do something. Itā€™s the same with Logic and maybe other DAWs.

Please try to arm the MG track with your guitar input. As soon as MG gets live audio, the message will disappear.

Hi guys! Iā€™ve been a user of the plugin since version 0.6 in 2013. I havenā€™t got a Beta invite but would love to help. Have been using 2.0 in various DAWs and use cases and happy to log issues not in the current logs.

Good afternoon. I can report 1 definite bug and some probable ones. Brainworkx bx_oberhausen synth crashes the standalone and the plugins on loading. works fine in MG2. With regard to when you click on a new for a new patch you have to rescan your plugins otherwise they donā€™t show up. this happens in the plugins and standlalone. Also lastly if you try loading a plugin in one of the free chain boxes (ones that dont have dynamics and sustain loaded by default the plugin loads but cannot be heard. I may of course be doing something wrong with the last 2 issues but the 1st is definitely a bug.
Spec:

Model Name: Mac Studio
Model Identifier: Mac14,14
Model Number: MQH63B/A
Chip: Apple M2 Ultra
Total Number of Cores: 24 (16 performance and 8 efficiency)
Memory: 64 GB
OS X Sonoma 14.3

Everything is working very well for me, love the tracking, a lot fewer cases of ā€œghost triggeringā€.
Just one question (request?): are you considering to implement the usual MacOS window behaviour, i.e. that closing the window does not quit the program? I am normally using the standalone app and I pull it up only for tweaking, while it normally stays in the background. But if I close the window (as I instinctively do, as normal on a Mac) I also close the program, which is quite annoying. Thanks and congratulations for the great work on this version.

1 Like

Patiently waiting for the Windows beta to start. In the meantime, I found the following yesterday but Iā€™m not sure if others have seen this yet as it may be helpful to some users.

https://www.jamorigin.com/products/midi-guitar-3/

Yep ā€¦ I had the same problem with the ā€˜Aalto synth Instrument by Madrona Labsā€™ a couple days ago though and now the ā€˜Brainworkx BX Oberhausen & Brainworkx BX Konifiumā€™ too ā€¦ had to do full rescan also ā€¦ i guess iā€™m gonna have to check with all my synths to see which ones are good to go ā€¦ although iā€™m quite sure that during the beta stage of testing this will be ironed out ā€¦ as i know with MG2 the app scanned all the plugins including AU, Vst & Vst3 so at least there was a choice of which one could choose for stablity within MG2!

Iā€™ve had a chance to try out the beta a couple of times now, using it in standalone mode with an HX Stomp as an interface, using Vital and Surge XT as instrument plugins. First impressions:

• Tracking is very stable
  • MPE support works well
  • Using drag and drop to connect CC to parameters is intuitive and easy
  • I like the MPE keyboard visualisation
  • There has been a couple of crashes, but I canā€™t give a reproducible set of steps
  • On a couple of occasions it has hung on start up, requiring a force quit. Subsequent restart works

My hope is that the improvements in tracking and MPE support find their way into an iOS version. My main use case is using the iOS version to control an external hardware synth. What would be really cool would be a dedicated hardware pedal version focusing on just the MIDI with MPE.

Thanks for all the hard work that has obviously gone into this new version.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback. I have added those plugin incompatibilities on the beta page. Its not high priority right now, but of course it will be ironed out.

Im trying to reproduce the rescanning issue now.

Thank you! Good suggestion - I have added to the TODO list.

i already canā€™t find your original email for some reason. can someone send me a link to the latest download please.

You can reach out to me with a valid email address or proof of purchase if you are a customer, via PM.