Update: MIDI GUITAR 3.0.41 released

thanks for taking the time to post those. on zombie, the piano is workable but not particularly deep or expressive (the piano sound, of course, not your usage of same).

if either of the local guitar centers had one on the shelf maybe i’d stop by to try it out.

unfortunately, they don’t, and what i’m hearing isn’t enough reason for me to make the drive into manhattan.

when i noodle around on roland keyboards i always find at least a handful of engaging/immersive patches. unfortunately, the opposite is true of the boss guitar synths. the guitar sound is very good, but the synths are more kinda like what you’d expect to find on a casio.

1 Like

Zebra 2 as far as I know is not MPE ‘aware’. It will in the next incarnation, likely Version 3.
I got your point though. I have noticed (Ableton Live - Midi monitor) that I have PB data anyway coming from MG3 but that usually does not affect my perceived pitch drifting.

LoFiLeiF you don’t have to be sorry, you’re doing a great work here!
I put the Glide to 0 because with that setting the Pitch Drifting looks to be less audible.
Zebra Glide is about portamento which is another thing but it can affect the pitch if mapped (more Portamento as a Function of Strike oer Pressure for example) but that’s another story.
After my testing and findings one thing is for sure : The INPUT GAIN in the Audio Card determines the pitch drifting. I will retest this evening with MG3 Glide to 50 with and without Audio Card attenuation (Pad) on and report.

Thanks for your hard work!
Pasha

1 Like

Kimio, I’m not sure this is the right forum to discuss the strengths/weaknesses of the GM-800, I recommend VForum for that.
However, a clarification on my recording yesterday, I used the settings of the GM-800 for live with little dynamics, which is not suitable for judging the depth of the piano sound.
In addition, I use 3 different pianos, including one with an Octave-1.
It must be said that the GM-800’s ‘Play Feel’ and ‘Dynamics’ type settings are much more efficient than those of the GR55.
On this subject, the settings of the MG3 are almost equivalent, if you use the “Dynamics” and “Strike Filter” modules in the MIDI effects chain.
There is still a feature of the GM-800 which does not exist on MG3, it is the setting called “Chromatic” which allows 3 pitch bend management modes, which can be interesting depending on the type of instrument played .

i presume you went through the pianos and picked the ones you liked best?

if so, the unit really has no depth.

we’re only talking about the gm-800 here because you keep bringing it up.

it also seems like chromatic and beyond are just about to drop.

How can I get in on beta test? been a customer for a couple years and have used MG2 to death… ready to experiment