A handy windows program to reduce cpu usage on the fly

I wrote some pc/laptop util software that I’m giving out for free.
It’s for controlling the max CPU power for intense operations to reduce cpu temps and /or reduce battery usage on laptops. Has lots of selectable user presets for different situations and options for battery or AC cpu control settings.
It works great and can be run from anywhere on a pc with no installation.
Since it’s an EXE I can’t upload it here.

How can I upload it for Jamorigin members’ use?

Maybe mention the name and site where it could be found for now? I’m interested.

Where can we find it?

My PC is fully optimized for live audio applications.
That’s why I’ve applied all the advice in this guide:

For Windows users: HOW TO OPTIMIZE YOUR PC FOR THE STAGE

For Mac users: OPTIMIZE YOUR MAC FOR A GIG

It is initially aimed at the use of a plug-in host (Gig Performer), but these tips are aimed more generally at all those who want to use their PC intensively for live applications, with the guarantee of minimal latency and above all flawless stability.

Of course, this involves a great deal of configuration work, but the result is well worth the effort, because unlike when using a PC at home, there’s no room for error when you’re live, and your PC is a working tool that must be beyond reproach.

Full optimization isn’t necessarily necessary for light use of audio applications (i.e. Midi Guitar alone or in a daw), but as soon as you’re using simultaneously and in real time dozens of plugins (effects, amps, loopers, midi players, scriptlets, etc.) , it’s a must.

1 Like