Adding Instruments to MIDI Guitar 2 Library

I also thought first that it is no VST > but it is and can be directly loaded into MG2

i believe he wanted to use the ‘virtual playing orchestra’.

he provided this link:

it was another poster who suggested the bbc symphony option.

from the ‘virtual playing orchestra’ site:

What Is Virtual Playing Orchestra?

Virtual Playing Orchestra is a free orchestral sample library, in sfz format, that was created to emulate multiple articulations of the solo and section instruments from a full orchestra

Virtual Playing Orchestra consists of 2 parts: wave files and scripts. These two things work together. The scripts configure the use of the wave files. You need to download the “Wave Files” plus at least one of the “Standard Orchestra” sfz scripts or the “Performance Orchestra” sfz scripts (depending on how you want to control the sounds) then unzip each zip file in the same place and in the same way as you did with the wave files, or wherever your DAW (digital audio workstation) can find the files you unzip

lastly, if the native instruments player is working, it should be possible to load the ‘virtual playing orchestra’ sfz’s there instead of installing another player.

In an attempt to cut through the confusion.

BBC Symphony Orchestra Discover is a VST instrument.

Virtual Playing Orchestra is not a VST instrument - they are sfz files.

For reasons not yet explained by the OP (Michael)… he wants to use the Virtual Playing Orchestra, not any of the other free Orchestras.

Is Michael wanting sfz files to be recognised as VST ones by MG2??

I see! I got a “wrong” download link somewhere in the thread. For the “sfz” files a player ist a must, correct!

Thanks to all for providing suggestions to my issue. I think my next step is to download the spitfireaudio player and proceed from there. Wish me luck!

On a separate note, I wonder if any of you folks have experience with the Blackwater Live Logic foot controller? I have a number of issues to resolve and am having challenges sorting through some issues. If anyone is familiar with this foot controller please let me know. Thanks!

Awesome! Go for it :+1:

Let me assure you Michael, I’m running Spitfire on Windows 10. It’s as solid as a rock! :+1: