Behringer interface, output through laptop speakers

Well tried everything to get MG2 to work with no luck.
Bought a new Behringer interface and I can now hear MG2 through the laptop speakers but not through the output of the interface, just guitar only. All the video looks great but just can’t get this to work at all…looks like I’ve wasted my money.
Also downloaded the cakewalk DAW with it’s instruments but all I have is the test piano with infinite sustain…! How do you find and load any instruments

there are better ways to ask for help than your approach.

many people here have presented useful info to try to solve your problems, most of which seem to have nothing to do with mg2.

you are getting free help in your quest to use computer audio. this is more than just mg2, you seem to want to learn how to use a daw and how to configure an audio interface.

no one here reco’d behringer as an audio interface, that was not a good choice.

this means you have mg2 running with your laptop audio, not your new behringer. you should not be hearing mg2 from your laptop speakers.

if you want to learn cakewalk then the cakewalk support forums are the place to go.

we cannot provide lessons on how to load cakewalk instruments. that is well beyond the scope of this forum.

in terms of ‘wasting money’, the whole point of the free trial is so that you can verify that mg2 will be a useful addition to your arsenal. it’s on you if you bought it before knowing it will work for you.

1 Like

Is it the Behringer UCG102?
You need to get ASIO driver working. I believe Behringer still use the generic Asio4All driver.

As mentioned above, you need to get your DAW to work with the interface, both input and outputs, and then MG2 is just an audio effect plugin in that DAW.

I have the impression that you’ve mainly lost money by buying a Behringer interface, whereas last week you were asking us for help in using your Focusrite Scarlett Solo interface, which in my opinion performs better than a Behringer.

The problem certainly does not lie with your purchase of Midi Guitar, which is an excellent investment, but rather with your lack of knowledge of how digital audio equipment works and of the instrument/interface/software/hardware outputs chain.
There have already been many of the same questions in this forum, which have received positive answers resolving the problems.

Between learning about the equipment and software by reading the instruction manuals in detail and searching the forum for questions specific to Midi Guitar, I think you should gradually master these tools and get the results you’re looking for.
It’s not something you can do in a day, you need patience and perseverance, but it’s worth it.

Remember that once you’ve mastered the management of your equipment, you’ll then need to have the patience to master the guitar-playing technique specific to Midi Guitar, which is another challenge. Personally, it took me almost a year to master this technique properly, so don’t panic and take the time you need.

1 Like

I’d like to stand up for Behringer here. I use a Behringer UMC1820 to generate the live mix for my 10-piece band. With 14 live audio inputs, FOH and monitor mixes with perfectly acceptable latencies, even in my most recent experiments with older computer hardware (dual core i5 laptop is my current rig).

Just sayin’…

2 Likes

May the 4th set 1

The sound is through the UMC 1820 plus Behringer ADA 8200 ADAT preamp. The laptop is a HP Revolve 810 g2, i5 4200u dual core with and upgraded 12 GB of RAM. Each of the 14 audio channels is running the Waves Audiotrack channel strip, which is the most CPU friendly channel strip I could find.

These are the vocal mics:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B089M35927/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

These are the mics used for all percussion and horn section:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001407337976.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.68.4e181802zv19Ks

I’m playing a bass I built myself using the cheapest electronics and hardware I could find on Amazon and materials from Home Depot (the fingerboard is a slice of ABS plumbing pipe, for example). I’m a very experienced luthier so I know what I was doing when I designed and built it, but the point is…

…don’t blame the tools.

1 Like

I have to standup for Behringer as well. My main audio card is a UMC404HD.
I record at 44Khz / 24 Bit with very low latencies, 128 to 64 samples (not available in MG3) in Ableton Live. Usually 256 / 128 is good to play and obtain good results. Sound is clean and well balanced. The only drawback is that the MIDI interface is not very fast with Sysex but for normal MIDI Operations (Notes, CC, PB, MW) is perfect.
To the original poster : Do not surrender to technology! It takes time to master.

1 Like

@Chrisc_o , @pasha

I’ve simplified my opinion to stay on topic. I’ve also played with a Behringer interface as well as a Steinberg and a Focusrite, but I abandoned the first two not for reasons of sound quality or technical performance (resolution, latency, etc) but simply because of the drivers.

Focusrite was the only one to have a native multiclient driver, while the other two did not. For the latter, we had to use Asio4all which is a last resort and performs poorly mainly in terms of stability as soon as a complex chain of communicating applications is used.

For my live performance, I currently use an RME interface for its routing possibilities and above all for its perfect stability, which means I can play with complete confidence.

1 Like

No driver on Mac. I am with you… Behringer Win Drivers are not the best in town.

i have also abandoned behringer audio interfaces as a result of extremely poor driver performance on windows.

the hardware might well be fine or even top-notch.

but with behringer (and more recent tascam units) the driver is unusable for live-looping and low latency performance.

i have had good experience with the motu m4. i believe that same driver is used for the m2, their $200 interface.