Cannot find MG2 in Logic Pro X

Hi all,

I just purchased MG2 and installed last night. The stand alone version works fine but I am unable to locate it in Logic. It does not show up in Audio FX. I went to the plug-in manager and it does not appear there either. The vst and component files are in the correct place and I have restarted Logic and the iMac several times. I’m running Logic Pro X 10.7.4 on BigSur 11.6.5

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Please make sure you have the right AudioUnit (ie. the file MIDI Guitar 2.component) installed (there are two versions at Download – Jam Origin).
Sometimes Macs need a restart for Logic to discover new AudioUnits.
More Logic info also at MIDI Guitar & MIDI Bass Support – Jam Origin
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the response. I read through the support page prior to installing and followed the directions. I do have the correct files in the correct folders and have restarted both the computer and Logic(which initiated a scan) many times and still no luck. I have added another plug-in since and it appears in logic. Do you have any other ideas as to what it could be?
Thanks

Please try to open Terminal on your Mac and run the following:

auval -vt aumf JamO

It will test the MG2 audio unit on your system and print a lot of stuff, presumably ending with “AU VALIDATION successful” at the end.

If it is successful it should also be visible to Logic. Please let me know also what’s shown inside Logic plugin manager.

Thanks for the response. I have been out of town the past few days and just now getting to try this. It failed. Here’s a copy and paste from the terminal:

VALIDATING AUDIO UNIT: ‘aumf’ - ‘00000000’ - ‘JamO’

ERROR: Cannot get Component’s Name strings

ERROR: Error from retrieving Component Version: -50

• FAIL

TESTING OPEN TIMES:

FATAL ERROR: didn’t find the component

As for Logic’s Plug-in manager, it is not listed at all in the list of plug-ins. However, the stand alone version of MG2 is working.

Do the test results give you any insight into the problem?

Thanks again

Try doing a forced re-scan of you plugins.
Any of the Daws I’ve used need to recsan for new plugins.
It looks like there’s a thing called “Full Audio Unit Reset” in your plug in manager. Here’a quote:

Reset all Audio Units in Logic Pro and MainStage

Choose Logic Pro > Preferences > Plug-In Manager.
Click Full Audio Unit Reset.
Close Logic Pro, then reopen it. Logic Pro rescans all installed Audio Units plug-ins.
Check Logic Pro or MainStage to see if the plug-in is available.