Can't open VST or AU plugin on Mac Studio

When I try to open the Midi Guitar 2 plugin on my Mac Studio I get a message that says

“MIDI Guitar 2.vst” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified. macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware.

I’ve tried it in Logic’s an AU (It fails the plugin scan) Cubase 11(in Rosetta mode) and Cubase 12(silicon mode)

I tried clicking “open anyway” in Privacy and security settings. Nothing happens.

The stand-alone app does open.

MG2 version 2.2.1
Mac studio M1 Max, 32gb ram. 1TB ssd
MacOS Ventura 13.1
Cubase Pro 11.0.41
Cubase Pro 12.0.52
Logic Pro 10.7.5 (trial)

you might be using the wrong version, there is a version for newer macosx.
https://www.jamorigin.com/download/
choose “for macos 10.15 and newer”

I posted here recently on this same topic.
What I do as a work around is to open MG2 stand-alone, click ‘Interface’ (top left) then make sure midi interface output is set to ‘virtual midi output’. Next open a track in Logic and load the instrument you want to use on that track. If the track instrument doesn’t respond to your guitar playing, make sure the Logic track midi input is set to ‘all’ or to MG2. For me it seems to work best with ‘all’. I also leave the midi-in channel and midi-out channel set to ‘all’. I think these are the Logic default settings so you probably won’t need to touch them…
I prefer this setup to using MG2 inside Logic anyway…
Not sure if this will work for the other apps but the main thing, as was pointed out to me, is to have the midi interface setup in MG2 set correctly to ‘virtual midi output’.

I apparently have the correct version. I reinstalled it anyway. It’s still broken.

This worked. Yeah! Thanks for the suggestion