Crashing in cubase

Hello. I love the promise of Midi Guitar. I sounds great in standalone mode. My problem is that I am trying to record a song in Cubase Pro 10 and the program crashes everytime i start using Midi Guitar. There is most likely some conflict between the 2 softwares. Is anyone else experiencing this and if so, is there a fix? Thanks so much.

Joe

Most likely reason: on windows you must disable the ASIO guard function in the audio settings of Cubase.
Steinberg is aware of people on Cubase windows experiencing crashes: we swapped licenses a few months ago, they wanted to look into it. We didn’t hear back from them still.

Thanks Paul. I’ll try that as I have Asio Guard enabled. Hopefully it will help.

1 Like

Thanks Paul for the remedy. I had the same problem with Cubase 11 AI, and disabling the ASIO Guard immediately stopped the crashing. Should be something that Steinberg acknowledges and recommends; perhaps you could also put this in your manual since it would eliminate this as a problem from the first go. I’ve been struggling with whether to buy this great software because of the crashing…now there’s no question.

Hi,
I hope you can help as I have been facing similar issues for some time now, but in my case the Asio Guard is off. I am using Windows 10 and Cubase 10.5. I can start Midi Guitar but most of the time no sound and signal can be heard/seen. Strangely enough, sometimes it does work, but only 10% of the time. I cannot identify why it happens. I followed every steps in MIDI Guitar & MIDI Bass Support – Jam Origin, reinstalled twice, but that made no difference. I also noticed that when I have Midi guitar loaded in a project, Cubase crashes when I load the project, unless my buffer is at max. On the opposite, if Midi Guitar is not loaded in the project, Cubase runs smoothly.
If anyone has any suggestion that would be great!
Thanks,
Jules