Jam Origin

MIDI Guitar & MIDI Bass user forum

Create Guitar TAB with String Separation in real-time

This would be an amazing addition to MG3, or even a product on its own! All of us who have created TAB know what a pain it is to manually click and enter each note on the correct string. Logic Pro X creates TAB from MIDI notes, but it has no idea what string you’re playing it on, so it requires you to do extensive editing afterwards. Being able to play a riff or solo live and have it create one accurately (including bends and hammer-ons) would be an incredible gift to guitarist worldwide.

With Sibelius and a Fishman Tripleplay midi pickup you can do it in real time, as you play along.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know! I wonder if it’s even possible without having a hex pickup.

We are working on a complete auto-tabbing solution :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love it!!! Thank you for doing that and for letting me know!

Here’s a performance I did last year from our balcony using your app and a BlueTooth pedal to change instruments in Logic.

https://www.facebook.com/richard.geppinger/videos/10207812595190846/

1 Like

Do you know when that might be available?

Love your performance, and the scenery :smiley:

No, after the Roadmap stuff… I think you will see notation-like features gradually being added here and there…

Thank you for the first comment and I agree with you on the second! A 17-year dream of mine to design and build my own home high in the Rocky Mountains. Our bedroom balcony is perfect for making music videos with Meadow Mountain behind me. I also have several down by our stream and waterfalls that you can find on my fb profile under Videos.

Thanks for the quick responses; I really appreciate that. And for all of the excellent work you’re doing!

Yea this is what led me here , i was hoping this would write an accurate score in real time as it is played.

Sounds promising when it’s developed! Lots of manual editing until then.