Cubase 10.5 upgrade as far as I can tell will not work with MIDIGuitar2

Well, I’d delete this if I knew how!

I think I figured out how to get the Audio Track to look for MidiGuitar2 and the VST Track. It was a tricky exploration. I’ll try this out tomorrow and see if it works!

The MIDIGuitar2 is under ‘Other’. If this works I will post the settings up! Again, this is for Cubase 10.5 update.

Cubase surely works with our VST, but in some occasiosn our plugin might get blacklisted, especially when you dont disable the ASIO guard.

Thank you!

After I wrote this, I figured out something to get the MIDIGuitar2 up on the audio track (‘Other’) after all. I was going to come into this post and delete it. I think I got MIDIGuitar2 on the Audio Track and the VST Track! I have to try it out tomorrow to know for sure though.

Well here are some visuals of what I’m doing MIDIGuitar2 … and on Cubase 10.5 … it’s not working as of yet.

1st image audio track
2nd image VST instrument

I’ll look to see if I can disable ASIO ‘guard’ and see if this whole thing will work.

Hi, I am currently using MG2 with cubase 10.5 pro and I encounter no problem whatsoever. I just create an audio track with MG2 as an insert effect, then I create an instrument track with MG2 as midi input source and it works, wihout having to sorry about asio guard.
Windows 10 64 bits Intel core i7 16gb ram

2 Likes

To the point. Will try again of course!

Hi Guys hope you are all well.

I m curious if USAfire solved the issue. I am having same issue. Using cubase 10.5 I am trying the trial version of MIDIGUITAR 2 . I ve disable asio guard. The pluging is not on blacklist. It looks like it is activated/working but I can get any signal from de audio channel to the MIDI channel…

Anybody any tips? Dont tell me that is locked due to trial version

Hi, did you solve your issue ? If not, can you post some screen shots of your cubase setup , tracks and MG2 window ? This might help to understand what is going on.

I upgraded from ‘Artist’ to ‘Pro’ but this is the’Artist’ and worked with the ‘Pro’ too. The lower version work you just got to work with these type of things as shown (that is IF I can attach photos…?). Some VST instruments are ‘finicky’ too so try different instruments to make sure if it works and ‘go from there’?

jamoriginmidigujitar2e