Disk overload in ableton 10

Not sure. Upgraded last week so must be latest version of live 10 suite.

ok, then please look up the Live version tonight, and also note down the ASIO version invoked in Live’s interface section. A screenshot of all audio setting would help, I havent got a win machine here, so I probably mis info about the newer ASIO options that might have appeared.

In Live prefs/audio there is a test tone button: it might be usefull to know if hitting this in a complete empty project also triggers the overload.

Hello, I have the same problem of overloading my hard drive on my IMac (High sierra processor 3.4 Ghz Core I7 and 32 gb of ram and SSD 250 giga) with live 10 suite. with the sound of gtr midi no problem but with a midi instrument on another track, I have a lot of latency and the disc indicator of the is in red. your software interests me very much thank you in advance for a solution

1. check if Live’s audio buffersize is set to 256.
  2. be sure to use the VST of MIDI GUitar, not the AU!
  3. a few internal synths of Live are kind of allergic to MG’s midi stream.

thanks for your quick reply, i try and tell you

I am in 256 sample. it works better with audio units than vst … with audio units i have no latency and no hard drive overload, but i still have the source sound from the guitar.
With vst, the indicator lights up hard drive overload lights up with piano sounds, flute … there is a conflict somewhere … but where?

after another test it works with some sound and not others effectively. but I still hear the source guitar, it’s okay or I can take it off ? Thanks

I am not sure what you mean. if your guitar sounds whatever you do, this is most likely the direct monitorign level knob on your audio interface.