Dry/Wet knob to balance guitar audio input with synth-generated audio output

MG3 provides options for either a mixer or Dry/Wet knob later in the signal chain. But what I find myself looking for most often is a Dry/Wet knob early in the signal chain to achieve a desired balance between my external instrument audio input and the MIDI-based synth-generated audio output. For some synth instruments, I don’t want to hear any external electric guitar/violin input sound. For others, some level of blend sounds best.

The dry/wet knob is for the reverb module. All you need to do is setting the volume “unused” chains to zero and you will not hear any unprocessed input signal.

Yes. I’ve used that approach as a workaround. But I’d prefer a Dry/Wet knob that specifically targets external instrument audio input vis-à-vis MIDI-based synth-generated audio output—and doesn’t require disabling two potentially useful signal chains :sunglasses:

That’s not a workaround, it’s the structure of MG3. If you want to blend sounds you can switch chains on and off with footswitches, you can also control the volume of the single chains via pedals.

Understood. I guess this is more a UI design issue :sunglasses:

isn’t it possible to connect two volume sliders and reverse the polarity of one of them?

i thought i saw something like that in one of the videos.

@kimyo Yes that’s possible. If you use the same CC number on two MIDI ports, reverse one of them and connect two volume sliders they act against each other.

1 Like

I was just messing around with MG3 today and using cc7 from my expression pedal B on my FCB1010. I had one connection from the patch bay to chain 1 volume then linked chain 1 and chain 2 volume controls together . ( Just out of curiosity) And when pedal depressed volume 1 went up and volume 2 went down… Saves a patch bay connection. When I linked chain 3 from chain 2, depressing the pedal caused 1 and 3 went up and 2 went down. Interesting possibilities.