Fretless MIDI Guitar

Well, I am talking about MIDI Guitar and you are talking about MIDI Bass. There are significant differences. MB is Monophonic (doesn’t matter here), but it don’t have any bendrange settings either. Without bends, there will be no slide!

Monophonic Slide for MIDI Guitar 2 shouldn’t be a problem. Just match you software instrument Bend range with the MG2 max (12) and you have a pretty good slide range.

1 Like

Where do I get a Fretless guitar in US that’s doesn’t cost too much. I am keen to try it out. Seems almost impossible to get one on the web. Thanks

Hadean EG-628 CGR Fretless Guitar There is a fairly cheap green Hadean fretless electric guitar on sale. Hopefully that link works! They have some other colors as well if you type ‘fretless’ (blue,purple) in their search bar. Also, as recently linked on these forums, this looks pretty neat! https://guitarflatter.com/

Or just buy a fretless neck (plenty available on ebay) and stick it to an old body.

I’ve been thinking about this accessory for a while.
I think I’m going to get one for Christmas. :wink:
I contacted the manufacturer a while ago to find out if the flatter is compatible with some of my guitars, but I haven’t had an answer yet. Not sure they make them for left-handers…

2 Likes

Thanks. Guitarflatter seems like an affordable option. The Hadean has some very horrible reviews about the hardware and the tuning staying steady because of the FR bridge.

Also if you have an iPad has you tried Geoshred app. I know it’s not a MG2 forum stuff but still wanted to share. It can be used for all the fretless stuff and it’s much easier to play.

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks. These neck seem to be a good alternative but would require some Luthier skills and another old guitar to slap the neck on to or get a cheap Squire and try it.

All I gathered was that if the guitar nut is 43mm or less then this will work. I am going to get one and experiment

@Herold

I did the same and ordered one. I’m actually building guitars since 20 years but for that price I didn’t want to use any of my own necks, where the wood that I have to import costs more than those finished fretless neck on ebay.
Currently I’m fitting a guitar together. The woodwork is done, now I’m painting it.
The neck as received (good quality)

Bodywork:

Just “sticked” together nothing bolted at that time

1 Like

Funny, I saw the same pre-mounted pickguard a while back on a guitar forum, the pickups looked the same as well as the switches and the killswitch. But the pickguard was white, mounted on a black stratocaster.

In the end I couldn’t order a guitar flatter because I didn’t get any replies to my two messages about left-handed models. Too bad.