Guitar Rig 6

I purchased MD2 a while ago and did the normal stuff (playing free plugins). But then, I purchased the Guitar Rig 6 and realizing that I can use it via MD2. Has blown me away!!! I use it as a stand alone tool without the DAW, and I’m loving life, spending hours with MD2! So the question is: has anyone use Kontakt 7? Are there any plugs ins similar or the same type of quality? I don’t expect them to be free, but less than $200 hopefully.
Thanks for your responses all.

3 Likes

I bought NI’s Komplete 9 Ultimate many years ago. Still haven’t upgraded it (v14 is the most recent), but I upgraded Kontakt v5 to v6 and then v7, and Guitar Rig v5 to v6. I am perfectly happy with the other instruments in K9U and have no plans to upgrade them. But Guitar Pro and Kontakt are both great. I consider Kontakt to be a “must have”. Still not a fan of the v7 interface, but I’ll get used to it. Same with Guitar Pro 6.

For fun, here’s a YT video that details how to get the Hank Marvin sound in Apache. It uses Guitar Pro 5, but works great in Guitar Pro 6. I can’t upload the preset I created because it’s an unsupported file type.

3 Likes

Oh, awesome! thanks so much!!!

1 Like

@arthur_ivex

I don’t fully understand why one would use Guitar Rig in combination with MG2, or phrase it different, what is the benefit of doing so? GR6 is a good tool but I don’t need any “guitar to Midi” transformation to use all its features.
Kontakt 7 is currently available for half of the regular price:

You can also get some good plugins with the free “Komplete Start” bundle:

1 Like

FYI: The Hank Marvin preset also works fine in the new Guitar Rig 7.

1 Like

I ended up Updating GR6 to Guitar Rig 7 and I got Kontakt 7 for a great price. I’m using both via MD2 and it works perfectly. Now using GR7 in MD2 you may want to consider not adding any additional 3rd party plugins (since GR7 has a lot) and add one component (effects) at a time in (GR7) in order to avoid changing the original Midi sound too much.
But they all work great together and they do not use too much computer RAM up. This also works in my DAW, but I separate all the plugins when I do use them in my DAW. Have fun :slight_smile:

2 Likes