Has anyone managed to record midi from Midi Guitar 2 VST in Digital Performer 11.21?

Hi guys and gals, I am a newbie here, just bought Midi Guitar 2 a few days ago.
My main DAW is Digital Performer on a Windows 10 system but I also run DP on a Macbook (for live)
I have followed the guidance on the Jam Origin support page but that is for version 8 & 9 and DP does things a bit differently now.
Whatever I try, I can’t seem get midi out of the VST in the audio track.
I was wondering if anyone has had any success with DP11

In the meantime, I am looking for an audio interface that presents each input as a separate device. I’m sure I saw one recently, maybe it was a usb out from a mixer, I remember thinking ‘why would anyone want that?’ - Now I do! :slight_smile:

OK that response speaks volumes, not to worry, I have gathered up all of the tumbleweed and I can burn it to keep warm :slight_smile:
To be fair, in the great scheme of things, Digital Performer is quite niche

So moving on, I am going to use Cantabile to host the 6 instances of Midi Guitar, and use a virtual port to record the midi into DP. I have done some test recordings using polyphonic and it all seems to work fine. I am well impressed with cantabile and may switch my live rig from Macbook to PC so I can use it instead of Mainstage.

Just saw this , Im on DP 11.23. Once you have MG2 on your audio track you have to be in multi record in the studio menu and set up a separate midi track and there you can set up midi guitar as they input and that will print your midi on the track when both are record enabled

1 Like

Thanks for your reply Chlady, I have no studio at the moment as we have just moved house so I cant try this right away. I will try this as soon as I am set up again but I will stick with Cantabile as part of my setup as I find routing and patching so intuitive that I can do it on the fly without losing the moment. I really miss DP, I cant wait to get things set up again!

Niche enough, so it’s first time I heard about it.
All I can is to wish you luck with it.

Lots of Film composes still use DP , great for music productions, has loads of features that many don’t have, and has been around longer than most other DAWs.Needless to say I like it and works for me with MG2.