Hex-Version?

I’m really curious with what you will come up in the future! In the meantime let’s “test” what we have so far! Thanks for the update!!

4 Likes

Hopefully it means that my TriplePlay setup will become MPE.
I’m all in on that one.
But it probably refers to something else.

1 Like

i’m ready to pre-purchase an mg3hex license.

2 Likes

Hmm… I can probably do this today with six MG3 plugs and one of these pickups:

:upside_down_face:

Thanks for the link, I was occasionally checking their web site. That must be brand new. I’ll sure order a set!

the required hardware brings the nu multi 6 up to $400.

on a bass i had some issues with crosstalk and nu multi pickups. the nu’s are very sensitive. distance to the string is much more of an issue than with other options, in my brief experience.

i ended up putting in piezo’s, which aren’t cross-talk-free, but better for my purposes.

i am starting to think that piezo’s have been falsely discredited in the ‘midi guitar’ world. every piezo instrument i own has worked splendidly with midiguitar2.

1 Like

Yeah, I also saw that it’s just the PU for that price. I might just go for that cable, then I can also use my Graph Tech piezo saddle guitars.

bill from separate strings has been really helpful.

given multiple graphtech saddle guitars, you need that cable!

easily the cheapest, fastest pathway to 6 instances of mg3.

the breakout box may be worth a look, feeding your gr-55 with processed / edited wavs seems like something you might do.

otoh, the cable is all you need and 6 instances of mg3 will certainly keep you occupied for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

@kimyo In this one here I played the Sax part (and some guitar parts) via MG3.

5 Likes

i’m smiling from ear to ear at the funkiness.

very tasty sax. and lots of synth-y goodness too.

superb all around, the mix, the instrumentation, the playing.

more please.

1 Like

@kimyo Here you go: Brass and B3 via MG3 (called Soular Power).

3 Likes

both sweet and spicy. it drives like a proper muscle car with fat tires and loads of chrome. i like the trumpet solo near the end.

your talent is leaving out the bits which don’t add to the whole, everything in there plays its part.

i’ve been wondering why this forum has been quiet lately, but it’s obvious, everyone is just busy exploring what is possible with mg3.

1 Like

Everything is amazing and the sax is probably one of the best sax emulation played with guitar midi I heard it sounds so real.
Could you explain how do you played the sax? breath controller? which sax library etc?

@lovejazz Yes I’m using a breath controller (TEC BBC2) and the SWAM Saxes.

1 Like

So the tracking is not good enough, you need hex pickups anyway??

What is the intended use of the Hex option within MG3 from Jam Origin?

I was thinking of repurposing a guitar with a hex pickup but not sure if I should go with the Nu or Boss serial GK5 and use a Boss A/D converter box. I’d like my choice to provide versatility so I look at the GK5 stuff for that but if the inherent noise issues of that GK pick up will be less than optimal for MG3/ Hex use then maybe the Nu product is best…

Can #Jamosapien or someone else guide me on this decision based on how MG3 is going to implement Hex functionality? I’d like to get to work on the guitar right away!

I never complained about the tracking of MG2/3, it’s actually excellent if I compare it with my Hex PU equipment. A hex PU, respectively having one audio signal per string, is just increasing the possibilities of what you can do with it.

there are two reasons i am using 6 instances of mg2/3, neither has anything to do with tracking.

the first is to define zones on the fretboard for different instruments.

the second is to dedicate a single string to send commands instead of notes. or, sometimes i will send one string only through a midi effect like ripchord or an arpeggiator.

i am also trying to address the issue that many mpe synths have presets programmed to use channel modulation and slide modulation.

what i may do is setup a zone way up on the neck for this purpose. i’ll play a chord, hit sustain, and then use the highest frets to modulate each string separately. or at least that is the theory.

i’d wait until more information is available. also i haven’t seen any videos showing the nu multi’s in action with mg2 or 3. for audio purposes they are a top notch solution, but for midi note acquisition they may not be optimal.

i forgot the third, which may be the best of all, courtesy of @prehm: Video - an unconventional way to use midi guitar - #12 by kimyo

using the individual string’s pitch to drive a cv synth is very expressive, with a fluid response.

i would describe this as my only ‘true’ guitar synth experience. it’s very different than triggering synths, more organic, and captures more nuance.