How to Combine Midi Guitars 2 Live with Natural Guitar

I’m using an Omen Teleport and although it works fine utilizing Midi Guitar 2 when the OMEC Teleport is switched on…I’d like to be able to have the regular guitar signal combined with the Synth…how do I hook it up to work in that manner

there are different manners
1)Only in iOS version: Inside MG you can click on “master” and it will turn into “split”, where the synth is output on channel 1 and guitarchannel on channel 2. This is the “wet” method, where you can use MG’s guitareffect channel.
2) you put a split box in front of the Teleport, where one channel is going straight to your mixer/amp.

thanks so much, this makes perfect sense.
I have a radial Bigshot ABY Box so If I understand correctly … place this box in front of the OMEC Teleport
Put My guitar into the input of the ABY take one out of the ABY and to the Input of the OMEC and then one out of the Omec to my guitar amp

1 Like

Brad,

I know it’s been awhile since you posted this question. However, I learned this evening that you have to add the sweetspot FX and a cabinet to get the guitar sound to flow through the guitar side of MG2. I was running into the same problem as you with Omec Teleport where I could only get midi instrument sound but no guitar and the mix knob only raised or lowered the volume of the midi instrument.

This solved me having to run (2) 1/4 inch cables from my pedal board to the PA. Not a big deal when I run my own sound but asking the sound guy to run you 2 DIs always results in an eye roll. Plus they always jacked my sound up…too much midi, or to little. It was mostly a mess if I wasn’t running my own gear. Hope this helps.