I am trying to use MIDI Guitar to create MIDI notes that can then be recorded onto a Pro Tools track.
My hardware: HP Z820, 190GB RAM, 3 TB SSD, Windows 10
My software: Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.18
This is my process:
- I have a mono analog track with an electric guitar riff on it.
- I feed that track into the input of an Instrument Track.
- The Instrument Track has an insert plugin named Blue Cat Patch Work.
- The Blue Cat Patch Work plugin has MIDI Guitar instantiated in the first Parallel Chains box.
- I set the MIDI Guitar MIDI Interface Input Channel (MIDI Controller Channel) to Channel 1
- I set the Pro Tools Instrument MIDI Output Selector to “Blue Cat’s PatchWork 1-1”
- I set the Pro Tools Instrument track to record, hit the record button, but no MIDI is recorded.
When I hit play or record, I can hear the analog guitar riff being converted by MIDI Guitar into piano sounds, so I know that MIDI Guitar is receiving the analog stream and converting it to MIDI commands and notes.
Any thoughts on why I cannot record the MIDI notes, velocity etc. are not recording?
Thanks for any help you can provide.