How to reset Midi Guitar 3 to factory state?

HI, how to remove every trace of MG3 (on mac) to be able to reinstall all from scratch with factory default settings?

Generally you should just run the new installer. It will override the old application/plugins and keep your data. But to answer your question, delete the app, plugins and the data folder. More precisely:

/Applications/MIDI Guitar 3.app
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/MIDI Guitar 3.component
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/MIDI Guitar 3.vst3
~/Library/Group Containers/X6D2Q4W5A8.midiguitargroup/

The latter is a folder, a so called “app group”, which is given by Apple and may hold shared data also from other Jam Origin products (in the future). It contains your user data related to Jam Origin products (patches, plugin lists and settings).

Thanks, JamO, why I ask is because when I use the uninstaller I normally use for removing apps (freemacsoft app cleaner), when installing MG3 again the “directories & datafolder” is still changed as I happened to change them in the first install still changed (btw i don’t understand these buttons and why I did change it in the first place). The problem is for the moment I don’t get any instruments or effects available at all when running MG3 directly in logic, but I get them available when running the MG3 standalone application. So my thought here is I have to be sure to get all set back as “default” again.

Btw, app cleaner also finds this to be removed when removing MG3:

/private/var/db/receipts/com.jamorigin.midiguitar3vst3.plist
/private/var/db/receipts/com.jamorigin.midiguitar3vst3.bom
/private/var/db/receipts/com.jamorigin.midiguitar3au.plist
/private/var/db/receipts/com.jamorigin.midiguitar3au.bom
/private/var/db/receipts/com.jamorigin.midiguitar3app.plist
/private/var/db/receipts/com.jamorigin.midiguitar3app.bom
/Users/USERLIB/Library/Saved Application State/com.jamorigin.midiguitar3.savedState
/Users/USERLIB/Library/HTTPStorages/com.jamorigin.midiguitar3
/Users/USERLIB/Library/Group Containers/X6D2Q4W5A8.midiguitargroup
/Users/USERLIB/Library/Caches/com.jamorigin.midiguitar3

Ah, thats a good point with the “directories” - will make an option to reset these paths.
(You reset them manually by deleting the file “~/Library/Group Containers/X6D2Q4W5A8.midiguitargroup/Preferences/directories.txt”)

Your issue with its not finding plugins when you run inside Logic - Please wait for 3.0.45 later today which fixes a few things related to running in DAWs.

Ok, thanks, I will wait until next update!