How to: Setup a footcontroller to change MG2 patches

Here is a very hands-on walkthrough on how to connect the Keith McMillen SoftStep or Roland FC-300 Foot controller to JamOrigin’s MIDI Guitar 2. There are only a few simple enough steps, but it is not always clear where to go and what to do, so here goes. The same procedure if of course applicable to any controller that has Program Control (PC) capabilities.

4 Likes

Thank you! And points for having the Ravenscroft 275 show up first! LOVE that piano! I also have their Italian, German and American pianos. All good!

1 Like

Mate, we must be living in a parallel universe…I made virtually the same video (not a paid promo though) last week for my YouTube channel to show how to execute PC in MIDI Guitar 2. Not uploaded yet…

2 Likes

I’m sorry man! I know how much work that goes into making even the simplest tutorial. There’s no reason for not uploading anyway though, as more vids reach more people, and I will assume that yours is better too. :grinning:

1 Like

Haha…no, don’t be sorry! All good. I’ve had a lot going on…we just had a baby so I’m way behind on everything except changing nappies. I have a few vids to go up when I get some time to edit.

2 Likes

Congrats on the new baby :confetti_ball: :tada:

1 Like

Have you used the Softstep as an expression pedal? I mean using up/down & left/right movement on a switch? I have a Softstep & 12 step that I’ve used for various things over the years, but your Swam videos using the breath controller makes me wonder if I could do a similar thing with the pressure switches on one of these.

1 Like

I tried it, but I didn’t feel I got any real control that way! I have the possibility of connecting an external expression pedal to the SoftStep if I want to, and I always have an expression pedal connected somewhere in my setup. I wouldn’t trust those tiny buttons to provide me with sufficient control for any great use of the SWAM instruments, but I’m happy to be proven wrong too :grinning:

1 Like

Hy LofiLEiF!

Very intersting but does it work only with the stand alone Midi Guitar 2?

I want to do the same but in Ableton Live suite and my Line6 FBV Express MKII Foot pedal.
I’ve tried a lot of setup but nothing’s work because the Midi Control selector doesn’t appear in the Midi Guitar VST
Can you explain if it’s possible