Issue Using LoopRecorder with MIDI Guitar for Garageband

Hi there, I’ve discovered a problem with using the looping plugin LoopRecorder with MIDI Guitar for Garageband – the demo version works perfectly, but after purchasing it I can’t get it to recognize the license within MIDI Guitar. LoopRecorder has a “Browse” button to look for the license file, but MIDI Guitar won’t let that button work, so it thinks I don’t have a license.

This is on macOS Big Sur. The developer says the full version of MIDI Guitar works fine with LoopRecorder, so is there any way to get the Mac Store version to let LoopRecorder have access to see the license file?

Failing that, is there any way to upgrade to the full version of MIDI Guitar from the Mac Store version?

Thanks!

I guess its a problem with LoopRecorder - because MG4GB is sandboxed (all App Store apps must be) LoopRecorder is somehow not able to license in the sandbox.

Anyway, we offer a coupon for the 40 USD you already paid if you want to upgrade to the plugin version - if you write to support@jamorigin.com.

Thanks for the response. I sent an email to the support address about the upgrade coupon but never heard back?

Now, you got it :slight_smile:

I did, and the full version does work with LoopRecorder! Thanks :slight_smile: