Kontakt 7 Hanging in Studio One 6

First post here. I just installed Midi Guitar today, and everything is fine except when I load Kontakt 7 x64 up in Studio One 6. If I click show instrument, it freezes before I can load a library or instrument. Any thoughts? Anyone else ever experience this? Running latest build of Win 11 Pro.

TIA
ps0m

I don’t know Studio One but it works fine in Cubase and Cakewalk. You can also try to create a MIDI instrument track containing Kontakt 7 and set the input to “MIDI guitar 2”. The plugin you want to use must not necessarily be loaded in MG2 itself.

1 Like

I had a weird situation with Kontakt 7 in Gig Performer (GP). When I would install a new version of GP4 and instantiate Kontakt 7 in a new rackspace, its UI was borked, almost completely frozen. I then had to create of copy of the GP .exe file with a slightly different name. Kontakt 7 then worked properly. When checking the .exe file properties, it looked like the permissions were the same, but something was clearly different. I just started up the latest version of Studio One 6 Pro on my Win11 Pro laptop and added a Kontakt 7 track to an existing project, and its UI was fully functional. I’m still going to guess that the problem might be a permissions issue somewhere.

1 Like

Thank you both for your replies. I’ll create a checklist and try each one of these potential solutions and get back in case anyone else has this problem (and we find a solution). It also occurred to me that there may be some sort of graphics card issue, as I’m sometimes informed that there’s a graphic display problem with I start Studio One. Weird thing is, that message only happens once in a while. Detective work commences. Could be an NVIDIA issue.

1 Like