Latency 21.3 MS on Logic and Pro Tools. Why?

I’m trying Midi Guitar. When launching the standalone app all is fine, while opening the plugin both in Logic and Pro Tools I get a 21.3 ms latency alert with a buffer of 1024 samples, EVEN IF I HAVE THE DAW BUFFER SET TO 128. Why this happen?

Hi @mnstudio

Welcome here, to begin with! :handshake: I really can’t speak for Pro Tools, but when it comes to Logic, the 1024 will change to whatever you have your DAW set to once you click the input monitoring button on the AUDIO track you have the MG2 plugin on Try that and see if it helps?

1 Like

Logic is very complicatex with buffering.
In Logic audio settings, you need to set the buffering to “small”, and enable mulitheading for playback tracks only.
Logic uses extra large buffers for multithreading, much larger than the initial buffersize. this trick enhances the CPU performance. With limiting the mulithreading to playback only, your live monitored and recorded tracks will however stick to the inital buffersize. It is a bit fumbly.

1 Like

but when it comes to Logic, the 1024 will change to whatever you have your DAW set to once you click the input monitoring button on the AUDIO track you have the MG2 plugin on

Yeah! It works. Both in Logic and in Pro Tools
Thank you so much

1 Like