MG M1 native version for Ableton 11

Hi all!
I just discovered this plugin which is an absolute game changer for the style of music I’m into.
I’ve completely moved my workflow to run fully natively on M1 since the release of the beta of Ableton 11. I searched on the forum to know if the plugin ran natively and I’m a bit confused. I read somewhere that all future versions would be M1 native (from a post that was a few months old) then I saw the beta of MG mini but I cannot use it as a vst inside ableton it’s only standalone …? Then I read that the M1 support would come with MG3
Anyway just looking for some clarity here. Is it already running natively but just not compatible with Ableton ?

Hi Quentin, and welcome! The MINI is an AUv3, and Abelton doesn’t seem to support those yet. I’ve tried to look into if there is any plan to include such support, but unfortunately I have seen anything interesting yet. So I am using the MG Mini with Logic or as standalone for now. I am not on an M1 though, so this is mostly for the purpose of testing stuff with “limited MPE functionality”.

OK, let’s talk MIDI Guitar MINI…

It fails validation in both Rosetta and Native modes on Apple M1 devices.

It launches as a standalone but it does not create any virtual MIDI channels in either Logic Pro or Ableton Live 11 (which, incidentally, is only M1 native as a beta).

So it’s essentially useless on any platform.

Best hang in there until MG3!

Hi guys thank’s for the reply. It actually worked for me. I just launched the standalone version and the midi is going into Ableton live. I could play around a bit and it works great! I also like the new interface and simplicity of it. It’s too bad I don’t have the funds to buy it right now. Do you know if Jam origin runs sales at christmas ? or if there’s a coupon I can use? Thank’s !

As far as I know, there hasn’t been a sale on MIDI Guitar ever? And I honestly don’t think there should be either. You get a “Lifetime license” with a free upgrade to MG3, and I don’t think it is unreasonably expensive. Especially compared to ANY of its alternatives. But that is just my opinion, and you are free to disagree with me on that. :grinning:

To be 100% clear, MIDI Guitar 2.2.1 can be run wherever and however you like it. In Ableton Live 11 (latest M1 beta version) I have disabled all VST2 plugins, except MG2. It runs in standalone with virtual MIDI ports or as AU/VST2.

I’m on macOS Monterey 12.0.1 (M1 MacBook Air) so YMMV depending on your OS, but it’s only going to be Big Sur or Monterey if you’re on an M1 computer.

1 Like

Great info, since I am not on an M1 (yet)! :+1: :handshake: