MG2 and MB both forget patch settings in Ableton [BUG]

A few things should be noted here:

1. the patches that are saved in MG patches on disk are separate from the info that is loaded when a plugin is initialised in a host.
    You must imagine that the current patch data is stored in the host, and that may vary from the data in the .opatch file. (you could have twisted a knob after the last time you saved a patch within MG)
    To retrieve the plugin state, the host issues a call into the plugin, asking for the data.
    MG2 does not add the patchname to the data, so that is why that is not updated, when the host restores the plugin state, and still displays the confusing “default”. The rest of the data is restored however.
  2. Noisegate
    The noisegate is host automation enabled, but automation is broken in MG2.
    This means that if you once set the MG noisegate from ableton instead of inside MG, this automation will be stored in the Ableton, and resend to the plugin after initialisation. So better never use the remotes, only change data within MG gui itself!
    Now whether in your case the automation bug applies, I dont know, but I thought I’d better tell you more of the whole story. If you did alter the noisegate from the Ableton gui remotely, please try a fresh channel with a fresh MG to test, and do everything in the MG interface.
    If you did not touch the autmoation remote noise gate knob in Ableton, then the bug is somewhere else.
  3. A noisegate script is better.
    The custom gate midimachine works better than the default, just dont touch the noisegate in the interface, and try the custom gate script.
    Custom_Gate: A hard midi startgate and retrigger blocker - #6 by Paul
1 Like