MG2 can't be found in LPX 10.7.7

Hi
Yesterday I got my new Mac mini m2 - I copied all files from my old iMac BUT Midi Guitar 2 won’t show up in Logic Pro X 10.7.7 (I’m running Ventura 13.2.1)
In Logic I click on “Audio FX” scrolling down to “Audio Units” but “Jam Origin” isn’t there. I have been trying all sorts of solutions and I don’t know what else I can do. How do I activate MG 2? I think there was a message saying something like “not verified source”…
Does anyone of you MG2 users know what to do?

Grateful for any suggestion

“hafors”

Hi Hans!

First of all, how old was your old iMac? There are two versions of MIDI Guitar 2 available, one for OS10.14 and older, and another one for OS10.15 an never.

I you had the old one on your old computer you just download the new one instead.

I don’t have your setup exactly, I have a M1 Mac studio running Monterey 12.5.1, and an Intel MBP running Ventura 13.1, but MG" is available in Logic as AUs, so there really shouldn’t be an issue. Let begin with establishing that you have the version first.

Thank you for responding!

I have 10.15.7 Catalina

I solved it!
In Logic I opened Plug-In Manager and ticked “MIDI Guitar 2” - then I opened Mac Preferences and scrolled down to “Security…” and there I saw that Jam Origin was not (!) a “secure source” which I changed!
now I can relax…

2 Likes