MG2 Causing Cakewalk to Crash

Hello there,

I’ve been having problems with Cakewalk crashing when I use MG2. The Cakewalk development team have had a look at the dumpfiles generated and they said this…

The crash is consistently in the plugin on its own thread, and there is no context of interest within the Cakewalk code.

The crash appears to be the plugin accessing uninitialized data.

Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFA9CC9FA87 (MIDIGuitar2-64bit.dll) in ROOM_07232021_203926.dmp: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

To resolve this you will have to follow up with the plugin vendor and forward the crashes to them.

Can I submit the dumpfiles to anyone here?

Thank you,

M

Please let us know what version of Cakewalk?

Windows 10, four-month-old Lenovo laptop, Cakewalk version 2021.06, Build 53

Ok, I’m afraid you will have to wait for MG version 3.0. Until then it’s possible to use a midi loop (like loopMidi or loopBe1, both freeware) to connect the MG standalone app and Cakewalk.

It may indeed be a problem on our side and we’ll make sure MGv3 works with the latest Cakewalk versions.

1 Like

@JamO,
Bandlab has been aggressively applying fixes and enhancements to Cakewalk.
The Cakewalk developers are rolling out a new update about once every two months.
The lead developer is Noel Borthwick. I’m pretty sure you can contact him through support@cakewalk.com.

Yes, it was Noel that sent me here.

1 Like

Yep, happy to wait for the new version. Thank you.

1 Like

When Noel sent you here did he suggest any findings to pass along to the MG2 developers or provide any details about where in the software the problem may be? Have you provided the dump file to the MG2 developers?

Only what’s shown in my first post.

It’s all okay. I’ll wait for the new version. As that’s imminent, I wouldn’t expect anyone to waste time on the version that’s about to be superseded.

1 Like

is there any word on when the fix will be ready? thanks!

Anyone knows if using the external MG2 app with a daw will introduce more latency?