MG2 freezing sporadically

Hi Paul, thanks for your replies, please don’t get me wrong, I love MG2 and can’t wait for new tweaks, features and fixes.

The freeze I reported is very similar in how it appears to the user. The dsp meter goes full up and the plug in is either silent and frozen or emiting a tone and frozen. I can get the same freeze using the same setup without touching the sustain pedal, only it usually plays just fine a few minutes longer. In either case, the only way back is to clear the app by double clicking home, sliding the app up and re-instanciating.

that is not typical. the other freezes reported in this thread are all related to AUv3 instabiltiy during longer periods, not just a few minutes.
-Does it only occur when AUv3’s are loaded?
-What are your specs? (ios devicetype, ios/ipados version, interface)

ipad Air 3rd Gen, ios 13.3.1 xsonic xtone interface. I’ll try it standalone (without AUM) and with the midi going out via virtual midi and report

Just an FYI to this post - I switched over to the PC version of MG2 months ago and the addition features and power of a new laptop made a night and day difference. I hope that the iOS feature set will catch up and the VST issues will clear up eventually as it would be nice to run this on an iPad. This isn’t a knock on the iOS version, just that there is a big difference between them and the associated platforms, as Paul has stated.

I was using AUM with MG2 in parallel with a guitar sim. I tried the same setup last night with everything nested in the MG2 ecosystem and can play significantly longer before having a freeze, in fact I was able to run Syntronik for almost an hour… will need to try running external midi still.