MG2/Helix/Windows PC

Greetings,

I am trying to learn how to use MG2. I am using a Variax Shuriken guitar connected to a Line 6 Helix Floor which is connected to my Windows 10 PC, via USB. The test piano sound is all over the place with poor latency, extra notes, sometimes no note will play, etc.

I also have no idea how to add/change instruments. For example, I don’t know how to make my guitar sound like a pipe organ, or a saxophone. I also have Sound Canvas VA, and I cannot figure out how to use any sounds from that through MG2.

I am hunting for information, but there either is an overwhelming amount if “bits of info,” or none at all with my particular set up. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Quietus

For the first issue, be sure you have selected your audio interface as the input on the “Interface” screen (which you get to by clicking the button on the top left of the MG2 window), otherwise MG2 will be doing its best to respond to whatever it’s hearing through your computer’s microphone. If you have already done this, try adjusting the MIDI Velocity controls - for me, the “Curve” knob has to be all the way up to get satisfactory results.

Thank you for your reply. I have been getting better results after messing around with the tone and curve knobs, though with many instruments (I figured out how to use Sound Canvas VA) will play a note, multiple times, even when picking just one note. I haven’t been able to get anyone at the Line6 forums or Helix reddit to answer my questions on the proper settings for the Helix, so I am also hearing clean notes on top of the midi sounds.