MG2 in Band In A Box

I bought the latest version of BIAB a few days ago.
I finally figured out the essentials but I can’t get MG2 to load into the vst folder. I’ve tried everything I can think of, and I wondered if anyone had a similar experience/solution?

Hi Graham. BiaB and Realband (the Sequencer/DAW included in the purchase) work seamlessly together. Realband opens a BiaB composition simply by using File-Open-MyBiaBCreation.SGU. I have used MG2 in Realband 32-bit and 64-bit versions and I’m pleased with how well it works in Realband’s VST environment. I have never tried to use MG2 in BiaB because, beyond writing down some chord progressions and selecting a style, BiaB requires you to be a chess master to remember everything you’ve entered. It’s simply not very ‘visual’ once you’ve left the chord sheet, as far as viewing an individual track and everything associated with that track goes. On the other hand, Realband is highly visual and, in my opinion, quite intuitive. I suggest you will enjoy recording directly into Realband through MG2 and also using MG2 as an after-effects tool for various instruments (whether MIDI or Audio Realtracks) that BiaB has generated in your original .SGU file (which subsequently you have opened in Realband). If you’re game to try MG2 with Realband, I’ll be happy to work through an MG2 example with you. BTW, I’m not a PG Music employee. :slight_smile: And like all DAWS, Realband leaves me cursing some days too… not all roses. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi and thanks. I’ll have a go and let you know how I get on!

Go for it. I also put together a reminder sheet for Before-During-After actions when recording via MG2 in Realband. Happy to share (PDF).

Thank you so much!most helpful