MG3 Idea - MIDI Machine to filter out all but lowest note

The MPE tracking on MP3 is amazing, but I would like to also have a MIDI Machine that filters out all notes except for the lowest midi note playing at any given time.

For example playing an A chord, only output the low A MIDI note (not all 5 notes in the full chord). And playing an Am/Asus/etc would still only output the low A MIDI note. So that would allow for outputting the full guitar chords via audio, but triggering only the low bass notes via MIDI. I play in a band without a bass player and having something like that would allow me to fill in the bass range on songs while still playing guitar.

Good idea, but Isn’t this what the existing BASS FILTER does?
Let me know if we should add more options in there.

It is indeed a good idea!
@JamO, it’s not exactly what the Bass Filter MIDI Machine does. There you specify a range of “low” notes. Glitch’s idea is to filter out only the lowest note of a set of notes that are played simultaneously.
Maybe some adjustable “timer” should elapse prior a low note can be filtered out again.

Im under impression that it always only output maximally one note (the lowest), and the additional parameter is just an upper bound on what you consider a bass note.

1 Like

Yep, that is how it works here, right now! Just tested it. Only the lowest note of any chord is triggered.

@LoFiLeiF , You are right, it works with chords what I never tried before!

2 Likes

Me neither! :grin: I learn something new every day it seems!

2 Likes

So perhaps we should find a more representative name for it? Auto Bass?

2 Likes

That sounds much better. I’ve been playing with this “newly discovered feature” for a while, it’s a lot of fun!

1 Like

Does this look like this example (posted 2 years ago)?

1 Like

Thanks JamO (and others)! The Bass Filter MIDI Machine is exactly what I was wanting! (I guess I should have played around with MG3 more extensively before posting - only purchased it a couple of days ago but totally loving it!).