MIDI Guitar 2.5 for iOS released!

I don’t understand a bit when I turn on the guitar through your application and use other applications on the ipad, everything goes fine and I don’t need it anymore, because I bought the midi output just for this, then what else do I need if everything is ok so that I can use my purchase .

The Rig unlocks all modules except MIDI Output.
MIDI Output unlocks the MIDI Output.
Some (old users) only have MIDI Output and can use MIDI Guitar with the MIDI Output as always.
New users need to buy the Rig first, though.

Yes,i,m old one, i seem to understand you as always this time,thank you !

This is probably a stupid question but how do you get out of this program? When I try to leave the program there is still a red bar across the top of my screen that says MIDIGuitar (Recording) and I can’t seem to get out of it without shutting down. There has to be a better way.

This is because the Background Processing is enabled (top right).
Its enabled when you use the MIDI Output.
So the answer is: disable Background Processing and press the home. button

Thank you very much. At the risk of pushing my luck can you tell me if it’s possible to set the levels on a string by string basis. My low E is much stronger than my high E in fact all of the strings have different levels.

Please see the tone control in the velocity section.
This will adjust the levels pr pitch, not pr string, but unless you have an unusual kind of guitar it should be enough.

Thanks again for the info. I figure if that doesn’t do it I may try a compressor in-line with the guitar to the input to even things out. As soon as I get things right and know it will work for me I’ll buy the full version for myself and another as a gift for a friend I do a lot of recording with. You may want to consider adding a software compressor on the input in future versions. Just a thought, this is great software and I see a big future for it.

the “curve” knob when turned to the right is a compressor.
the “gain” knob when turned to the right will increasingly make a limiter of it ( all input levels increasingly get the same output)
the difference with a compressor in front of MG is, that these functions are non “ducking”. A normal compressor will duck the softer strings to make room for the louder note in the signal.

Thank you very much! You have probably saved me hours of experimentation.

Sorry to ask again, not yet decided to update to IOS12.
So MG 2,5 is IAA compatible, right? any host IAA compatible (AB3, AUM, Cubasis, etc) will see it and will be able to load and save it?
Thank you

Yes. Its IAA compatible.
In practice this means that you can insert MG as an audio effect, so that you can record the audio output of MG.

Hi 2 days ago i’ve got the app and purchased midiguitar rig and midi output but stil can’t use virtual midi and still there appears a warning of to go shopping. Thanks for the help

Although tools, Midi Rig and Midi Output are seen as Purchased

please try really restarting our app ( double click home button, swipe MG from screen in upward direction). then start it again.

Just in case anybody else experience that the interruption dialog pops up after buying the in app purchase(s):

We’ve had two similar reports and it seems that this solves the issue:

1. Go to the shop and wait a few seconds (you will see it automatically restore your purchase, assuming you are online).
  2. Restart the app (not just hide it, but close it)
  3. Done.

We are still not sure how this problem can arise in the first place, and cannot reproduce it on any of our devices, but we’ll get this sorted out in the next update.

Ole and team, what you guys are achieving with this tool is nothing short of amazing. I never thought that someone would be able to innovate at such a pace and bring pitch recognition and processing to mobile devices so soon. I am in awe of your work!!!

I have a small and kind request - can you please design a 12 string effect? For example, Line 6 has a few beautifully sounding 12 strings patches on their JTV guitars. I would love to have one in MG for iOS (for example, classically, the four lower strings doubled in octaves and the upper two courses tuned in unisons).

I also can’t wait for the feature of “cloud” patch browsing/sharing, which is planned for v2.6, as I understood (please don’t take too long to add this in the iOS version). Mobiles are becoming very powerful and I personally don’t see why use a clunky Windows laptop, when one could use an iPhone or iPad for the same purposes.

I am happy to pay for updates, patch bunches, like Amplitube or JamUp are doing, or anything that makes sense as long as you guys keep developing this great software.

Respect,
Cristian

Is there any tutorial to the midi machine desktop … well … to the creation of your own…im assuming the creation part is only desktop … i am so intrigued\excited to get into it but i need a little shove in the …um…gettin learnt department…

As a guitar player of 20 years who was all but burnt out from gigging for years and years…this app sparked a new creative fire under my a$$ making it more fun to play the guitar then it has ever been … i make my wife …*ahem …ask my wife to drive to work every morning so was i can play guitar …

I’m trying to use this on an old iphone, a 5c, to keep my phone free, and the trial works, so I purchased the initial app, but it still interrupts, then I restore, and it says successfully restored, the app store shows it as recently purchased, but it still interrupts. I tried closing it, and tried deleting and downloading again. I try to buy it again but it says app not available. I’m not sure how to get it to be usable. Any help or suggestions appreciated.