MIDI Guitar 2 and the TEControl BBC2 Breath controller - explaining that mouth thing

MIDI guitar 2 is in itself a very competent tool when it comes to working with MIDI. But adding a breath controller to the mix takes everything to another level altogether.

2 Likes

Aah, that mouth thing is now making almost complete sense. Many thanks for that.

1 Like

I’m writing this mainly to point out that I’ve listened to Stefano Lucato’s demo which is technically flawless, but after listening to @LoFiLeiF , I hear keyboard playing and not a woodwind instrument at all in the official demo… Maybe I’m not objective, but I don’t find any realism in it and it’s not because Thorleif uses a breath controller, it’s only the way of thinking about playing the instrument that makes the difference.

I am tempted by the Swam sax tenor plugin but being on PC, it costs 230€ because you have to buy the 4 woodwinds plugins, while on ios the sax tenor is sold separately 29€…
I hope there will be a separate version for PC available one day, I am currently very limited on the free sax plugins I use. :grimacing:

2 Likes

I haven’t seen you use it with a piano vst, or does it not work well with piano virtual instruments?

1 Like

Use a breath controller for a piano? I can control dynamics pretty good with picking, so I haven’t seen that as something to explore really. But to each his own, and I guess you can use the breath controller (bite sensor) to change octaves perhaps. There are of course so much possibilities once you start thinking about it, but no I guess I haven’t used it for piano dynamics (if that was what you were asking about). But it is certainly doable! :+1:

1 Like

I’m just wondering if that’s a good way to control the velocity or would it just sound too unrealistic, couldn’t really find a video of someone playing piano with a breath controller

1 Like

In my humble opinion, it wouldn’t be realistic (if that is what you are looking for). But that is no argument against experiments. Sometimes you strike gold just breaking all the rules. :+1:

1 Like