MIDI Guitar 2 app on phone. Can I use an Airturn pedal to change patches?

Hello. Starting to use MIDI Guitar 2 app on my phone again after a long hiatus. I want to know if I can save patches and then use an Airturn pedal to select patches? If so, can you point me in the direction of how to set that up and program the pedal to select a particular patch?

Thanks,

Steve

MG2 responds to MIDI program changes sent from a MIDI controller to switch presets.

Save your presets in MG2 with numerical prefixes. I use this format: 000 Name, 001 Name, 002 Name, etc.

If the Airturn device that is connected to your iPhone can send MIDI program change messages, the presets will change accordingly. It’s that simple.

Thanks I’ll give that a try and post back. Might take me a couple of days.

@Vaultnaemsae I finally tried this today. Have four presets set up as you say. Have Airturn pedal programmed to send channel 1 program 0, channel 1 program 1, etc. Have pedal connected to phone with Midi Guitar 2 running. Have Airturn pedal in Midi mode (so sending Midi messages). Doesn’t work. Is there anything I have to do with Midi Guitar 2 to tell it to listen to channel 1?

Thanks for any help. Steve

Ok. Right after sending this, I got it to work. Had to tell Midi Guitar 2 I was using a Midi Pedal. Now works like a champ! Thanks for your help @Vaultnaemsae

Steve

1 Like