MIDI Guitar 2 cutting out in Logic Pro X

I’ve downloaded MIDI Guitar 2 and followed all the set up steps, yet when using it in Logic Pro X after a while it will stop working/only create strong crackling noises through my monitors. Anyone know how to get round this?

Thanks.

It shouldnt be possible that it creates any noises. In fact if you only use it for MIDI to Logic, it doesnt even make any sound at all. Maybe you loaded some plug-in inside MG and that plug-in is making noises?

I understand what you’re saying. I’m not running any plug-in in MG. I’m opening logic with an audio channel with input monitoring and then adding MIDI Guitar 2 as a plug-in/fx. Then opening a software instrument track and choosing a sound. And the two channels work together to give me MIDI Guitar with the chosen sound/plug-in in the software instrument track. After a while the sound stops/is replaced by a very hard to describe crackle through the monitors when I play notes. It’s very loud and vigorous. The only way I can get it working again is to close logic and start again. This keep happening over and over. Just wondering if you could help me.

Thank you.

Make sure your buffer is not too low. I get crackling sometimes if I set to 64 so I usually just use 128 or if 64 is what floats your boat, then make sure you are not running a mix that has too many plugins. You might want to save your mix and then open up a new mix with no plugins and see if that ameliorates the problem.

Changing the buffer size doesn’t seem to do much. The only thing in my mix are the two tracks creating MIDI Guitar. I’ve just bought the software and am just trying it out in logic.

This is puzzling to me. I dont have really good ideas, but try the following:

• Restart your Mac.

• In Logic/Preferences/Audio/Devices set “multithreading” to “playback tracks” and “process buffer range” to “small”.

• In Logic/Preferences/Audio/General set latency compensation to off and low-latency mode.

That seems to have done the trick. I had a feeling it was more to do with logic than the midi guitar but didn’t know what it could be. That seems to have sorted it.

Thank you.

1 Like