MIDI GUITAR 3.0.50 BETA for Mac update

Oh, I see… now it works whenever I have input monitoring on constantly on the track where MG3 resides. Now it even works when buffer size is set to 32. Awesome. As soon as the monitoring is set to off I get that error screen again. Guess it is because the buffer changes on a track that is armed. Thanks!

1 Like

Great, I’ll add “make sure your track is monitoring the audio input” this to the error message.

2 Likes

This has actually been an issue with previous versions but cross posting it here as I hope it will get the attention of @JamO

I have an issue with MG3 in Bitwig…Plugin UI’s inexplicably disappear and you have to click on the device in MG3 to see it again. It stays up for a while and then disappears again. This does not happen in Logic Pro. I am not a programmer in any sense but i suspect it is because of the way that Bitwig handles graphics. Running a Mac studio M2 Ultra with OS x Sonoma

Thank you for reporting. Please help me understand correctly:

• This is about loading a AU plugin inside the MG3 AU, which is loaded inside Bigwig?
  • The UI disappear - like the window of the plugin disappear entirely, or the plugin window remains but blacked out?
  • You click the “device in MG3” - thats the large field in the middle of MG3s plugin module?

Thank you for the reply. i believe that they are Vst plugins (Bitwig only supports Vst and vst3). Plugins are not listed twice (AU and Vst). When you load a plugin inside MG3 you will of course know that it creates a device which you can then click on to display the plugin UI. This will only stay visible for a short while (maybe 30 seconds to a minute) and then disappears completely (no black area, just like it was never there). You the have to click on the device again in MG3 to display the plugin UI again. I hope this is clearer.

1 Like

Lol it appears that the issue may have been fixed by Bitwig. 5.2 update according to the release blurb has a rewritten graphics engine and, lo! Plugin UI’s loaded inside MG3 do not seem to disappear any more. I have played around with a number of plugins this evening and the UI’s all seem to remain visible without having to click on the device in MG3 to get them to display again.

1 Like

Thanks for the response