MIDI GUITAR 3.0.50 BETA for Mac update

Whats new:

• NEW: Added few built-in example patches (thank you @pasha)

• NEW: GAIN module, apply gain to both STRIKE, PRESSURE and audio.

• NEW: Removed MUTE module, subsumed by GAIN module.

• NEW: MIDI DEVICE module, send CC and midi notes, and forward input notes

• FIX: Save/Load patches inside DAW projects

• FIX: MIDI Program Change will change patch

• FIX: The AudioUnit takes MIDI input from DAW (CC and program change)

• FIX: MIDI GUITAR 3 module, input gain also control input gain for the guitar signal

• FIX: MIDI OUTPUT tries to only open one MIDI output device

• FIX: LEGATO module re-triggering and 1ms resolution

• FIX: Save/Load the KEYBOARD/SEABOARD state in patches

• FIX: Save/Load BASS/PITCH/STRIKE/SCALE FILTER state

• FIX: Allow patch names to contain special characters (!@#$%-+*)

• FIX: Patch selector show the current selected patch

• FIX: Patch Bay shows at least 7 CC connectors

• FIX: Various other minor fixes

Download at BETA Testing – Jam Origin
DAW setup videos at https://www.youtube.com/@JAM-ORIGIN

4 Likes

Great! I believe the download link is missing though.

1 Like

The download links are at the DOWNLOADS section, right under the screenshot of the beta page.

Thanks for adding this device, love to be able to control VIs from my other controllers when setup internally. I do have a question. As of right now, the MIDI device module still plays the chain even if the chain is bypassed. Is this intended behavior or a bug?

Gil

Thanks. That’s a bug. It seems this module has another problem when mixing guitar notes and midi
notes from a keyboard. We’ll fix it for next update.

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply. I will be going through the 1ms legato settings here next. As always, thanks for all you are doing!

Thanks! Great stuff and thanks for the mention!
Pasha

1 Like

thx i try now good job

I keep getting an error message saying Logic is set to 512 samples buffer, wants me to set it to 128. Problem is, I get the message even if I’m at 32 samples or 128. Bug?

I have a license for MG2 which works fine with all my VI’s. I tried MG 3 early on and am just getting back to checking this betra again after few months and downloaded the latest beta 3.50. I can’t seem to access Kontakt falcon, zebra etc.anymore I thought they were working in MG3 before . Do I need to activate MG3 again or something to get this to work or should myMG2 license be good?. I don’t see an option to authorize it just says buy. Not sure what I am missing?
Craig

Wow, using 13ms legato is perfect for what I have always imagined midi guitar legato to be, thank you! Having this tool is getting me back into a musical creative space that I have not been in for quite some time.

1 Like

The controller patching to the legato module is still not being saved or recalled in this build.

1 Like

Can you load 3rd party VIs in this beta version?

Of course! Do you see this when you open MG3? Did you click it?

yes I did see that and it scanned all my plugins which I wish it would not do as I have over 900. I know in MG2 I could select which ones to scan one by one .
I watched your intro again to MG3 . I’m still getting used to the new GUI setup . The internal synth patches all work fine I Loaded one of my V-horns in Falcon and can’t get any sound to transmit .Took me a while to see I have to put it to Midi 1 legacy to get it to sound , Kontakt and other VIs are working although Omnishere seems to crash MG3 every time I try and load it.
Just checked and Omnisphere crashes MG2 as well when I try and load it both AU and VSt3 .

I am getting this screen when launching the latest Midi Guitar 3 Beta. I am running Cubase 13 Pro under the latest MacOS. It does not seem to change when up update my buffers in Cubase Audio for my Helix Audio Driver

Me too as I mentioned above. Makes it kinda hard to use the plugin…

Two things to have in mind here:

The problem is here that iff we just let MG run for you guys, you would never know that MG3 is fast and usable. You would feel be sluggish, as it MG only gets these huge 512 size buffers from Logic/Cubase. There is nothing MG can do about that, since Logic/Cubase is in control here. So I thought the error message is needed.

But why does it happen? Here are some ideas:

• There are quite a few audio settings in Logic/Cubase and it might be because of one of them.
  • It might also be that your interface doesn’t like to run as a system audio and Logic. If the audio device get in trouble delivering audio it may increase the buffersize.
  • It might be that you just need to press play in logic when there is a track actually playing or enable monitoring on the MG track. If Logic doesn’t play or monitor anything, it will use 512 or 1024 buffers regardless of what you set in its audio settings, to save CPU.

Hope one of these hits home for you guys.

Last beta worked. This is someting new. It gives us the error message regardless of the buffersettings in Logic.

@larrygood , I’m also running MG3 on Cubase 13 Pro on an iMac. I have no problems when adjusting my audio interface (Behringer X-32 Mixer) to the required buffer size. You might want to try to do the audio setup first prior opening MG3.