MIDI Guitar 3.0.74/3.0.75 is out for iOS/iPadOS!

This brings it on pair with the recent Mac release.

Download from TestFlight - link over here: Downloads - JAM ORIGIN

4 Likes

Quick question about the Record module (which I’ve been waiting a long time for so thanks!). It works on the Mac (once the permissions are set) but on iPadOS it says cannot load the module :frowning:

iPadOS doesn’t have the same permissions for screen recordings as the Mac so maybe this is the problem? Or am I missing something?

Ah, I see. I accidentally left it out, I think for no particular reason. Will try to add it in next update (which probably won’t be long).

Thanks for the big update.

I’ve caught a couple of minor issues, the first of which will probably not affect most users.

  1. Regarding audio input selection on iOS. While it is possible to select any input from a multichannel interface as the primary input, only channel one or two will actually bind.

So in my case, I was trying to send audio to MG3 from channel 7 on my audio interface, but it seems to be impossible. I’ve only tested this with the standalone application so far.

  1. Also the new mini cable icons are clashing with the original chain LED for displaying tempo and for changing chain colour.
2 Likes

I have the MacOS version and want to copy over the Factor presets to my iPad. I have copied the Factory folder over to iCloud Drive, but can’t figure out where to put them in the iPad system so that the iPad can see them. I assume this should work?

It doesn’t quite work with iCloud yet. But next update will.

1 Like

But I tried to move the files manually to the local file system on the iPad from iCloud. The bigger question, is whether it is possible to create presets elsewhere, and move them to the iPad file system for use by the IOS version?

Yes, I made an option to set a patch folder. So it will read patches from any (iCloud) folder.

In the current beta? Or a future update? If future, ETA?

Any news on how how to get the presets from my Mac to my iPad?

Better wait for next iOS update - soon.

1 Like

what’s the eta on the pc version?

is the ratio of mg3 ios users to pc highly skewed towards ios?

even if small in number, we pc folk are getting a bit lonely here.

1 Like

I believe he likes to work out the bugs first on the Mac’s. And the PC’s will eventually get our turn.

Windows soon as well. :folded_hands:

1 Like

Windows 3.0.74 is up now.

1 Like

iOS version 3.0.75 is now on TestFlight. A small update that makes it easier to use iCloud and a few other fixes mentioned here.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve installed it and began testing a little today.

I guess it’s mainly going to be useful for MG3 native presets. Initially, I set up a shared preset folder for macOS and iOS, but immediately realized that none of the presets I’ve built on the desktop with macOS plug-ins were going to work in the iOS version and vice versa. Also had some issues recalling presets buillt on iOS in iOS.