Only 9 days left until the current beta expires. Could there be an update so that beta doesn’t lock up ?
And, for my curiosity, is a release planned at some point ? I know there must be tons of things still to be polished, but the core Midi to Audio and auv3 functionality that cover my needs has been ultra stable for me for months now, I’d love to have it released as a plugin, I’d purchase it instantly. Thanks !
Yes a new update was submitted to Apple review today, with bug fixes and UI improvements. TestFlight reports that last update had 3 crashes in many thousand sessions. I’d like that number to go to zero but seems we are close now.
That was fast. 3.0.73 is available now on TestFlight. More updates in the coming days.
Happy to see the new version pop up as I sat down to some more T&E this evening. It looks like we have, at least, some new things going on in the file management space; is there a list of things to check out in the new version?
A post was split to a new topic: MG 3.0.73 for iOS/iPadOS released on TestFlight
I had the same request in this post Settings not storing per plugin instance - #21 by johnpaul134
I think they are working on "tracking presets” but I am hoping they code the ability to store tracking settings like gate, dynamics knob, lowest note per string per mg3 instance. Or if you are just referring to just storing whether it is bass input vs hex or guitar then maybe that is different–but similar topic.
On the iOS beta, the Tracker (MG, MG Hex, Bass, Violin, Extmidi) is now stored with each patch, The input gain and dynamic settins are also stored per patch. THIS IS A HUGE IMPROVEMENT for those of us switching instruments during a performance. The MG3 HEX I’m running on Windows does not do this yet. So if the next Windows Beta has this, I’ll install it. But in the mean time, I bought a used iPad mini which I’ll be setting up a new rig
exciting!
Excellent news! Storing per plugin instance/patch gain, string tunings on hex, dynamics knob on hex is super important for me.
I have joined the test flight. Been using MG3 beta as a standalone with both iOS and Windows. Hex works well in both versions. THU works great for amp and pedal FX, but I just bought Nembrini Acoustic Voice Pro AUv3 and it loads into a chain, the VU meters show signal, and the input output adjustments are reflected in the VU meters, but there is no change in the audio at all, just dry signal. I have troubleshooted extensively with CHAT GPT here is the conversation https://chatgpt.com/share/6a7a0a32-fb6c-83ea-b78a-9d2e2d9d7f46
I have reported the issue in TestFlight. I am posting here to warn others not to buy Nimbrini if they want it to work inside MG3. However running it as a stand alone is AMAZING, the clarity of the processing is beautiful, but it just won’t work inside MG3.
One thing MG3 still needs, and this is VERY important, is to have the Audio Device selection saved with the tracker. For instance, I’m using this live on a gig. I play hex equipped guitar on some songs, and regular output bass on others. I press my midi control button to change patches and it remembers the TRACKER, but it does not remember the AUDIO INPUT. The hex guitar obviously uses the hex inputs, while the bass uses just channel one. This means I have to get down on the floor, fiddle with the ipad mini small screen and manually switch the input before I can play the next song. I really need the input to save with the patch.
Does the Nembrini AUv3 work inside other hosts?
Yes, I checked it in AUM and it works fine as a plugin there. It very odd in MG3 because it loads and the VU meters show the signal, but only the dry unprocessed signal is passes to the output.
The Nembrini acoustic models are amazing! Really bring my Godin to life. Hopefully JamO will identify the bug in MG3.
thanks for sharing nembrini’s AVP, it looks very promising.
I’m in love with Nebrini acoustic model! Just wish I could use them in MG3. The less expensive replacement that does work is called jamp. It’s ok, and it works in MG3 , just not stellar like Nebrini. jAmp Acoustic
Sent this as feedback in Testflight, but I will post here to help others. I purchased Toneboosters Reverb for iOS. As as a standalone it works nicely, but as an AU in MG3 beta iOS, there is an issue. It shows up in the list with my other Tonebooster plugins, but when I click it, the Jamorigin Reverb loads. I’m guessing it has to do with the fact they both have the same name “Reverb” So if you purchase this, know that it will not load as an AU at the current time.
Ran this past Chat GPT:
”I checked this more closely, and there is precedent for exactly this kind of AUv3 problem: two different Audio Units using the same displayed plugin name can confuse a host when it saves/loads or identifies plugins. There was an earlier iOS host bug involving ToneBoosters and another reverb both being presented simply as “Reverb.”
There’s an important distinction, though:
-
An AUv3 has an internal component identifier/manufacturer information that should uniquely identify it.
-
The display name can be identical between plugins.
-
A properly implemented host should use the unique AU component information, not simply the displayed name, when instantiating the plugin. Apple’s AU documentation confirms that hosts retrieve identifying information such as name and manufacturer and instantiate the AU using its component description.
-
Therefore, if MG3 displays ToneBoosters Reverb in its plugin list but clicking it instantiates Jam Origin’s Reverb, that’s strongly suggestive of an MG3 plugin-selection/identification bug.”
This lead me to explore Reverb IR’s which I had ignored since when I clicked on Browse, there was nothing there. I found some I could download for free and they sound great!! At the VERY BOTTOM of this page are the Bricasti M7 IRs. These are awesome and free. All downloads - Samplicity
I haven’t checked in a while, but when can we expect to be able to use presets on the new MG3 iOS. I have the last Test flight build from July.
Presets work fine I’m currently gigging with MG3 Beta on an iPad mini, it’s excellent.