Midi Guitar 3 still not working... not fining inputs BUT Midi Cello does?

So MG3 is still not finding inputs on MOTU 1248 as a stand alone it’s just dead - virtual keyboard works fine. (Mac M1 Ultra Sonoma 14.41)

MG2 works fine AND MG3 in LOGIC works ok BUT some NI Instruments are seriously distorted (eg Alicias Keys)

HOWEVER I just downloaded Mdi Celloand it connected to MOTU with same settings the second it fired up??? So it must be a bug in the software rather than my setup I guess…Any thoughts?

Thanks

1 Like

Thank you for this report.
I’ll investigate this and get it resolved.

I have just been looking at this and comparing the two, and nothing spring to my eyes.

Since you have used the earlier MG3 betas, maybe the file that keeps your MG3 audio device settings is in a bad state. I’d suggest try to delete the file:
“~/Library/Group Containers/X6D2Q4W5A8.midiguitargroup/MIDI Guitar 3.settings” and try again.
(you can also find this file by MG3 => Preferences => Data folder)

1 Like

Thanks but I have just spent 45 mins trying to find anything that looks like this on my Mac and there’s nothing at all similar? how can I access it if I can’t find it? are you sure it exists on mac?

1. Click the Settings cogwheel in the MG3 top left corner
  2. Click DATA FOLDER
    and you end up in the GROUP CONTAINERS folder, where you find your file in the X6D2Q4W5A8.midiguitargroup folder:

(This is on a Mac)

Thanks for this… very clear… sadly it doesn’t work… still the same problem. MG2 and Midi Cello are both still fine?

Out of interest… am I alone with this problem or is it a known issue?

Thanks

Thanks for trying… It must be a problem on our side then, and seems like something I should easily be able to spot, when MIDI Cello actually works.

If I understand your first post correctly, you did actually get sound out of MG3, using the virtual keyboard, but you get no input from the guitar. Is that correct?

Thank you… yes that’s correct, virtual keyboard produces sound.

1 Like