Midi guitar first thoughts and questions (in-app purchases)

Hi there:)
Thx for this nice tool:)
I have a few questions about the in- app purchases…

1. why did I have to buy the guitar midi rig for $10 before i could get the $20 midi output in-app purchase?
    (Is this a technical limitation or do you just want to squeeze more money out of people?) - wait, i feel its to squeeze more money out of the people… so, why did you set it up like this… have you no morals and ethics? Are you greedy? Anyway, its your thing, so whatever, right?
    I just thought it was a dick move on your part.

2. on ios devices, (ipad) the one free in-app purchase is covered up by the back button and inaccessible - since it is active and free anyway! Why bother putting it in the shop as free? Virtue signaling? Thats like me selling a piano app on the appstore and offering piano keys as an in-app purchase for free (even tho the piano obviously already has active keys…) its just weird…lol…

3. Is there an upgrade path for people who purchased the ios version (to the desktop version) ?

Thats all for now… thanks for clearing those points up for me…:slight_smile:

Really enjoying you app, thank you very much for everything:))

Have a superb day:)

you’re welcome!
Now your questions:

1. It is kind of historical, because the app first had no midi output, and the $10 seemed the right price. Then the midi output came as an IAP, so to preserve the IAP investments of the original purchasers this had to be an addon to that.
    So it is not us squeezing money, we were just being considerate.
    We think the resulting basic price of $30 is a fair deal.
  2. You can use the build free test piano patch and fx for free, it just communicative to state so in the shop.
  3. There is no way we can sync Apple appstore data with the fastspring store where our full version is sold. Developers have no access to customer and purchase data in the appstore whatsoever. So there is no upgrade path possible.
    We’ve tried to make the price agreeable enough, but that ofcourse is allways in the eye of the beholder.
1 Like

Hi Paul:)

Ah, i see… so the $10 in the v2 were what v1 users had originally paid for the app.
Wow, that is very considerate of you towards your user base!:slight_smile: Commendable.

The shop thing- nah, it‘s just weird…lol (Again, just my subjective 2 cents;] )

The crossgrade/upgrade thing - ok, makes sense… thanks for clearing that up:)

Thanks for your feedback and everything else:)
Rock on!:slight_smile:

-————————————
Oh, p.s. lemme sneak in a little request-no need to answer, just play with the thought for a second if you were to be so kind;)

• setting to prevent screen dimming
  • sensitivity control for pitch bend
1 Like

screen dimming is governed by ipados/ios itself. You can change that in ios settings.
Pitchbend senstivity… well: pitchbend is not governed by amplitude, but by tuning. If your synths reacts too much or too little, the pitch bend range in MG and synth do not match. just twiddle with the bendrange settings. Also: Some synths have separate up and down range: set them equal to get the original bends like send by MG.

Paul:)

Many apps have screen dim lock active from within the app…
Objective-C:

[[UIApplication sharedApplication] setIdleTimerDisabled:YES];
Swift 2:

UIApplication.sharedApplication().idleTimerDisabled = true
Swift 3, 4 & 5:

UIApplication.shared.isIdleTimerDisabled = true

Also, i am talking about the pitchbend data being sent from MG2… the sensitivity knob would delegate a smoothing of said parameter… (i.e, one could set it up -by increasing sensitivity of said knob- that pitchbend data only gets sent if it goes out of a certain tolerance range… ( maybe up to ±10% of one semitone for example)

Anywho, thanks again and have a good one:)

1 Like

thanks for the dim tip!.. our code is JUCE lib based for portability, I dont know if that functionality is ported there, but we’ll certain have a look at it.

For our main desktop app, I added a midimachines script to blend in bend data (“bend attack”), on basis of note length. That works quiet well for many: short slightly detuned notes sound unnatural with many synths.
there is no scripts in MG for iOS currently, so it is not something one can add to the iOS version.

1 Like

Hey paul:)

Cool beans:)

Yeah, many apps using juce have it… maybe it has to be done on an ios level tho… i only tinkered in juce a bit(when it was new) - wasnt up to it then…lol… (juce seemingly is clearly the way to go tho)
A possible way to do it (pitchbend tolerance) for ios might be allowing midi auv3 in the midifx section… so one could load something like mozaic (which has scripting) as a plugin…

anywho, thanks for all and all the best:):sunglasses:

1 Like

that is a nice monophonic tracker for sure! very nice study project and well presented.
We’re not afraid of competing systems being named or referred to here on the forum. As a matter of fact many of our users use our system as well as Roland GK and Triple play convertors.

1 Like

Im actually a studio/daw etc guy since many decades…lol

I find your midi guitar app generates wonderful sounds from my vsts that a keyboard somehow doesn‘t…
Thats why i like it… its special n quirky for me :slight_smile:
lovely!:slight_smile:
There is something in it that makes me smile;)

Anywho, thanks for everything… i wish you lots of success!:slight_smile:

1 Like