MPE plugins for MG3 list

Hello @Bolt and everyone else! :grinning:

@LoFiLeiF has already covered many MPE plugins in his excellent videos but it would be good if we all together try to make a complete list of plugins to use with MG3. :+1:

All these from Tracktion has MPE:

• Outersect Modeler: (physical modeling synth)

• Biotek 2: (sampling and synthesis workstation)

• F.'em: (11-Operator FM Synthesizer)

• Dawesome Abyss: (visual synthesizer)

• Hyperion Synth: (Multi-layer modular - ā€up to 16 layers of MPEā€)

• Dawesome KULT: (A Mesmerising Development in Synthesis)

• Dawesome MYTH (Advanced organic re-synthesis based on machine learning.)

• Dawesome Novum: (Granular Synthesis with up to 6 layers.)

• Delta-V SpaceCraft (Granular Synth)

Bleass also has some MPE plugins:

• Bleass Samplewiz 2: (MPE sampler)

• Bleass Voices: (MPE Harmonizer)

Other:

• Moog Mariana: (monophonic/duophonic MPE Bass Synth)

• Klevgrand Tomofon (Real Audio Synth)

Anyone reading this: Feel free to add more plugins so we have a pretty complete list.
:muscle: :wink:

4 Likes

Some other fascinating branches of this topic (I donā€™t know whether they should be included here or not) Would be MPE hardware synths that can be used in conjunction with MG3 and maybe use cases for MPE plugins / hardware that are left field and wouldnā€™t normally seem to make much sense in practice! For example, if someone finds a good use for ROLI Studio Drums with MG3 on a guitar :wink:

Free MPE plugins:
Surge XT (open source)
Vital (basic is free and open source)
Jamstik Creator Software

Here are some of the Paid/Bundled MPE plugins I enjoy:
SWAM Audio Modeling: physically modeled solo instruments :
Cello (monophonic/duophonic), Violin (monophonic/duophonic) Viola (monophonic/duophonic), Double Bass (monophonic/duophonic) Trumpet (monophonic), Trumpet C (monophonic), Tenor Saxophone (monophonic), Alto Saxophone (monophonic), Baritone Saxophone (monophonic), Soprano Saxophone (monophonic)
Pianoteq 8 (Physically modeled, notably Classical Guitar and their excellent pianos)
Equator 2
ROLI Studio Player
Cypher 2
Strobe 2
ROLI Studio Drums

1 Like

Great initiative!

The ones I can vouch for to be working (even if we probably should be splitting stuff into categories like !) full MPE, almost MPE, and perhaps How-is-this MPE? going forward) are:

The Arturia Augmented series:
GrandPiano, Strings, Voices, Woodwinds,Yangtze

and:

• CMI V
  • CS-80 V4
  • CZ V
  • Emulator V
  • Jun-6 V
  • Jup-8 V
  • KORG MS-20 V
  • MINIBrute V
  • OP-Xa V
  • Pigments
  • Prophet-5 V
  • Prophet-VS V
  • SQ80 V
  • Vocoder V
  • Choral Ensembles (Roli)

• Orchestral Ensembles (Roli)

• SWAM (Audio Modeling)

• Respiro (Imoxplus)

• PianoTeq (Modartt) [not fully MPE-compatible but support polyphonic pitch bend]

• Evolution guitar, Boutique Acoustic (Orange Tree Samples) [polyphonic pitch bends only]

• Blisko, (Felt Instruments)

• VWinds (Accoustic Samples) (How-are they-MPE?)

• Equator 2 (Roli)

• Expressive Virtuoso (Roli)

• Phase Plant (Kilohearts)

• Phase Plant Expressive Suite (Kilohearts / Expressive E)

• MPE Collection (Expressive E)

• Pigments (Arturia)

• Auras (Slate and Ash)

• Serum (Xfer Records)

• Vital (Vital audio)

• Kult, Myth,(Tracktion)

• Modus (Physical Audio)

• Reaktor (Native instruments)

• Synth Anthology 4 (UVI) (Iā€™d like a second opinion on this if anyone have it, I canā€™t get it to work without the occasional crackle - disappear completely if I turn their Script engine off)

• OB-E v2 (GForce Software)

• Diva (U-he)

• Kaivo (Madrona Labs)

• Animoog Z, (Moog)
    -, Obsession (Synapse Audio)

• Chiral (FORS)

• Atoms (BABY Audio)

• Noisy 2 (Expressive E)

4 Likes

@LoFiLeiF Thank you for such an extensive list! :smiley: :+1:

@Bolt feel free to mention those MPE hardware synths like Expressive E Osmose and Hydrasynth etc. that you were thinking about. :wink:

I will later on make a list of iPad MPE synths.

My favorite for iPad is of course Geoshred:

• Geoshred has SWAM instruments as IAPs

• One can choose Jamstik as an MPE controller in Geoshred (so MG3 will most likely work flawlessly)

• One can build hybrids of all these instruments + add effects etc.

• A desktop version is in the making, but most likely only for Mac.

• It has tons of really great Indian and Chinese instruments by Naada instruments as IAPs!

The physical modeling bowed instruments by Naada in Geoshred are also found in this desktop plugin:

Swarplug by SWAR Systems: (Over 100 perfectly sampled Indian instruments + MPE + physical modeling) Swarplug is also available for iOS/iPadOS but Iā€™m not sure if it has MPE like the desktop version has.

The remaning Indian instruments found in Geoshred will probably show up in Swarplug desktop sooner or later. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In terms of hardware synths, Erica Synths Steampipe looks fascinating, Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s MPE.

Add Plasmonic to the list. From the maker of Absynth.

2 Likes

Plasmonic. Great synth. Great dev.

And why Native Instruments decided to drop Absynth from Komplete is beyond me.

1 Like

I didnā€™t mention Rhizomaticā€™s new plugin Synestia FX because itā€™s an effects plugin, not an instrument plugin. Butā€¦how things change! Itā€™s available for pre-purchase. Those who buy now get access to a stable beta version. Iā€™ve been playing around with it for a couple of weeks. Then I got this email last night. Synestia FX

===========

First, I want to thank everyone who has pre-purchased Synestia, your support is invaluable and your feedback is helping us to make Synestia better!

Of all the suggestions weā€™ve received, the biggest request by far was adding MIDI note control to the Sympathetic effect. I wasnā€™t planning on this originally, but itā€™s obviously a feature that would open up a lot of expressive possibilities, so now itā€™s officially part of Synestia!

New features in Synestia 0.7.0:

• MIDI note control of Sympatheticā€™s base note (monophonic). This is MPE compatible so you can now play Synestia with your favorite MPE controller. It also allows import of .scl and .tun microtuning files, as well as MTS/ESP for real time tuning control.
  • MIDI notes can now trigger all modulators . This is especially useful with the MSEG and ADSR modulators! This opens up all kinds of possibilities for rhythmic control of Synestia.
  • New presets are available in Factory Presets->MIDI Note Controlled, which make extensive use of Synestiaā€™s new MIDI capabilities.
  • Global Modulation Assignments Panel : from any modulator, click the new ā€œAssignmentsā€ button to display a list of all modulation assignments in the patch. You can edit all the usual modulation->parameters settings from here (Depth, Polarity, Invertā€¦). Synestia presets tend to have a lot of modulation going on, so this is very useful to get an overview of whatā€™s happening in a patch.

(Please note, not all DAWs can send MIDI to an effects plugin, please check your DAWā€™s manual to see if this is possible)

Synestia beta 0.7.0 is now available to customers who have pre-purchased . You can get the update via the link you received after purchasing, or from the previous email announcing beta availability.

Adding these new features has taken a bit of development effort, so weā€™ll have to push back the 1.0 release date a bit. We hope everyone understands!

Happy patching,

Brian Clevinger

1 Like