Muted strings on guitar - midi

Hello everybody.
My name is Nelson, from Portugal. I use Midi Guitar to play other vst instruments with my guitar. However, I would like to know if it would be possible to play guitar and bass at the same time, and for that purpose I would like the midi guitar to only detect my lowest string on the guitar, the E.
Is it possible to only have the E string active, muting the other 5 strings? Thanks.

Hello. MIDI Guitar and MIDI Bass detect notes, not specific strings.

Thanks Chrisc_o. Is it then possible to parameterize the GM2 to play only the notes from E to D sharp on the guitar’s first string?

Hello Nelson, welcome here :slightly_smiling_face:

You can not mute given strings because MG does not recognise the different strings but the pitch of the notes you play: it considers i.e. that the note A at the 5th fret of the low E string is the same as the A open string.

You can however do some manipulations thanks to the scripts available in the Midi FX slots, for example:

• “lowest note in bass range”: to play in the midi instrument only the notes lower than the selected one.

• channel split" to split the range by selecting a given note, the lower notes will be played on a midi instrument in a midi channel and the higher ones on another midi instrument in a different midi channel.

There are many other useful scripts and you can also write your own.

Look at this video I recorded with a midi bass instrument:
lowest note in bass range