Native Instruments SESSION GUITARIST – PICKED ACOUSTIC key switch issue?

Native Instruments SESSION GUITARIST – PICKED ACOUSTIC seems to have what appears to be a key switch issue when using MG2. Not sure if this is solvable, but running Session Guitarist in full version of Kontakt 6 in Logic Pro.

As I play various patterns, eventually the pattern switches from one I chose to the blank G1 setting. It also only seems to be receiving notes if I play guitar in the key of C! No accidentals are recognized, despite MG2 easily triggering then with almost no latency (typical). It does the same on bouncing, always at around 30 sec into the bounce, switches to a blank pattern - rendering that section of the bounce silent/blank.

I’ve trying placing a weight on a MIDI keyboard to trigger the sound / patch / pattern I want - it triggers it - but then changes part way thru my performance/recording.

If anyone familiar with Kontakt and this series could provide insight into this behavior, it would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Steve

A partial - possible the whole solution - is worth mentioning, as many other triggering sound libraries can and will run into this issue, by the very nature of guitar voicing vs keyboard voicing and the placement of ‘middle C’.
Middle C on the pianoforte is the C on the guitar on the 3rd fret of the 5th string.
And therein lies the problem: most of the key switches for activating certain functions in the playback of the instrument in this kontakt instrument are clustered around and below middle C. It renders much of the fingerboard unplayable, and constant switches to other samples will occur due to the proximity of so much close to middle C on the guitar fingerboard.
The solution is simply move the relative position of middle C on the guitar ‘upwards’. This can be simply achieved in MIDI Guitar 2 by transposing upwards 1 single octave.
The entire fingerboard is then out of the range of these key switches. Chromatic playing seems to have returned as well.
This is by far the only guitar virtual instrument that sounds convincing to me. Transitions - typically the hardest thing to get to work - are built in to the instrument and it does work as advertised.

#NativeInstruments #SESSION GUITARIST_PICKED ACOUSTIC #MIDIGuitar2